100 miles an hour: Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

100 miles an hour: Hastings

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings looks ahead to making his debut for Wigan Warriors as his side host Warrington Wolves in the season opener at the DW Stadium on Thursday.

The 24-year-old speaks to Wigan TV at the 2020 Betfred Super League season launch at Emerald Headingley Stadium, Leeds on Friday.

Hastings: “I will do my best for the boys, no matter what the situation is.”

Jackson Hastings says his Wigan Warriors side know what they’ll get from him ahead of the opening Betfred Super League tie against Warrington Wolves on Thursday.

The 2019 Steve Prescott Man of Steel is raring to go as Adrian Lam’s side kick start the new campaign at the DW Stadium in a mouth-watering clash.

Whilst speaking to Wigan TV at the 2020 Betfred Super League season launch at Emerald Headingley Stadium in Leeds on Friday, Hastings said: “I think the team knows what they will get from me now - I’m going to be 100 miles an hour and will do my best for the boys, no matter what the situation is. I’m really proud I’ve got this badge on my chest now and hopefully we will get off to a good start of the year.”

The star stand-off admits he is doing his best to remain calm ahead of his first competitive run out with his new team, after joining from Salford Red Devils in the off-season.

“You try and stay relaxed but it starts to become real. With it being my first game, there will be a bit more emotion around - my jersey presentation and things like that will really get the blood flowing.”

The 24-year-old is looking forward to playing Warrington and says it is the type of game as to the reason why he joined Wigan.

He said: “A massive reason I came to this club was to play in big games. Wigan V Warrington to start off a calendar year is obviously one of the biggest games you can play in.”

Head to Wigan TV to watch the full interview with Jackson to hear him talking about the Warrington game, the Betfred Super League launch and preparing to walk out at the DW Stadium as a Warriors player for the first time. Click HERE.

The Betfred Super League is finally back! Wigan Warriors host fierce rivals Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium on Thursday (K.O. 7:45pm), as rugby league returns for 2020. There’s no love lost between these two giants of the game and WHAT a way to kick-off the new season!

We need your support as it promises to be another blockbuster encounter between two of Super League’s title chasers. Catch Steve Prescott Man of Steel Jackson Hastings and powerhouse prop George Burgess in the Cherry and White for the first time and purchase your ticket today by clicking HERE, visiting the DW Stadium Ticket Office or calling 01942 311111.

For more information on tickets for this game, click HERE.

There’s still time to grab your 2020 Season Ticket too! Pay upfront or spread the cost across 8 payments! For more info, click HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/202 ... r-hastings
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan