At last the club and marketing dept get something right

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lazy J

At last the club and marketing dept get something right

Post by Lazy J »

This is top notch mischief making by Wigan

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... -pride-day

Announced 5 mins after Catalans announced the signing of Falou, it’s had a fantastic impact all over social media

Well done wigan
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
ancientnloyal

Re: At last the club and marketing dept get something right

Post by ancientnloyal »

“Today more than any other day”
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Read the headline & thought it would be about promoting the Warrington game.

Waiting for the page to load, I imagined something along the lines of "Wigan Warriors and sponsors Prestone are pleased to announce that the build-up to Thursday's game will begin with a 2 minute applause by all Wigan fans for our neighbours from Warrington."

"Over many years now, Wire have performed a service of inestimable value to the Wigan club and it's players in taking so many players, from both the club and town of Wigan, who, unfortunately, weren't quite up to the high standards required in Britain's leading club."

"Names like Antony Gelling, Jack Hughes and Josh Charnley are just recent additions to the long list of Wiganers who have been saved from the ignominy of the dole queue, or of playing for Leigh by the noble support of the Wire."

"We know that our fans will turn up in numbers and applaud enthusiastically."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J wrote:This is top notch mischief making by Wigan

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... -pride-day

Announced 5 mins after Catalans announced the signing of Falou, it’s had a fantastic impact all over social media

Well done wigan
It’s brilliant. The signing has gone down like a lead balloon across the game (I think the Wakefield chairman has been pretty outspoken about it) and Wigan have managed to come up with a very positive response that as you say is being mentioned all over the place. It’s making the National press as well as social media.
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Seems a pretty weak response to me.

A proper protest would be to join with the other SL clubs in going on strike for games against Catalans - forfeit the points as well, until Cats and/or Folau gets the message.

If we are to believe the Super League doesn't have a veto on this signing, then why can't Sky Sports use theirs? Don't tell me they don't have one!

Unfortunately this token protest shows what desperate straits rugby league is in. No pulling power for rugby union stars or Aus/NZ RL top players, we are left with "damaged goods" like Folau.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:26 pm Read the headline & thought it would be about promoting the Warrington game.

Waiting for the page to load, I imagined something along the lines of "Wigan Warriors and sponsors Prestone are pleased to announce that the build-up to Thursday's game will begin with a 2 minute applause by all Wigan fans for our neighbours from Warrington."

"Over many years now, Wire have performed a service of inestimable value to the Wigan club and it's players in taking so many players, from both the club and town of Wigan, who, unfortunately, weren't quite up to the high standards required in Britain's leading club."

"Names like Antony Gelling, Jack Hughes and Josh Charnley are just recent additions to the long list of Wiganers who have been saved from the ignominy of the dole queue, or of playing for Leigh by the noble support of the Wire."

"We know that our fans will turn up in numbers and applaud enthusiastically."
Quite hilarious that Morley but letting Charley go to Warrington has to be a no-no for me.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Qujaho

Post by Qujaho »

From a Saints fan, I wish to say well done to Wigan, excellent decision wish Saints had thought of it first.
pedro

Post by pedro »

The Yonner wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 am Seems a pretty weak response to me.

A proper protest would be to join with the other SL clubs in going on strike for games against Catalans - forfeit the points as well, until Cats and/or Folau gets the message.

If we are to believe the Super League doesn't have a veto on this signing, then why can't Sky Sports use theirs? Don't tell me they don't have one!

Unfortunately this token protest shows what desperate straits rugby league is in. No pulling power for rugby union stars or Aus/NZ RL top players, we are left with "damaged goods" like Folau.
Catalans would walk the league unbeaten and win the grand final, you think that would make them get the message?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The Yonner wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 am Seems a pretty weak response to me.

Hardaker
Ben Barba
Greg Bird
Joel Monaghan's

its nothing new. I fully believe that regardless of what people say this is all down to religion.
Barba - Drugs and assaulting his partner
Bird - glassing his partner.
Hardaker got done for racism, homophobic abuse and assaulting a student, but he showed how sorry he was in an interview before then immediately getting done for drink driving so its all good.
Monaghan is so borderline bestiality its not funny.

The Media are very selective in what they like to flame uproar around. religion is a very touchy subject worldwide and creates stories.

I again point out that if we treat everyone the same, Hardaker should have cause the the same uproar in the sport when he was at leeds it didn't

however I do like Wigans response, it is a Brilliant PR stunt as well as Troll and instead of winging on twitter unless your perfect you can't be in the sport they are basically saying we don't agree with this persons views.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

So many people up in arms because Folau has been signed yet Hardaker signing was welcomed.Double standards come to mind.