Robin Park Fan Zone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Robin Park Fan Zone

Post by ancientnloyal »

What would look nice is a big Wigan crest on the grey cladding outside. Is there any signage on the building?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

We went before and after the game.
I really like it. The club shop was busy and can be improved over time. The fan zones got a good vibe about it.
I feel Ilike we have a home for the first time since we left central park. Plenty of stuff can be built on but it's a lot easier for me to spend money when I know it's going to the rugby side of things. Daughter got the new yellow kit yesterday knowing the squad was going to be there for pics and along with a few drinks at fanzone (Mrs was on the gin) meant we spent 100 quid over the weekend.
We are normally pushed for time come Thursday/Friday games but we have already said we will just go there and grab drinks and food. Maybe a little more choice on food themes come the warmer part of the season would be nice You could have a few tables for kids parties with one of the players turning up for pics and so on.
Clubs got this one right. With a little more work can see a good atmosphere in there for big games . Lockers Roaming spirits cost me a bit!
Be great if they got a big screen in for the Toronto game my girls came back real happy today and my lad who was working is looking forward to our next home game.... well done!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Outdoor seating area in the summer would be cool as well...... its looking good though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 am Outdoor seating area in the summer would be cool as well...... its looking good though
They do have it outside in the summer with more eateries, tables & seating. Even deck chairs! 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:09 am
Firestarter wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 am Outdoor seating area in the summer would be cool as well...... its looking good though
They do have it outside in the summer with more eateries, tables & seating. Even deck chairs! 😂
belting cant wait...... hopefully it will expand now and get more away supporters in there
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Looks like the fans have found somewhere where we feel like a club,something thats been missing to long and something that stadium doesn't provide.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

It's a real pity the full benefits over the summer won't be had, because of the usual closure of the DW stadium in the summer months.
Many of our home matches are now, during the Winter months unfortunately, and not as welcoming during this time for fans at the Robin Park facility.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Tried the fan zone on Sunday and was very impressed.A pleasant family atmosphere in a great facility with a few players on hand for your “selfies” and only 50 yds from the stadium.Something we’ve needed badly and puts money into the club.Recommended.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:15 pm What would look nice is a big Wigan crest on the grey cladding outside. Is there any signage on the building?
I'd say that should be the priority now. It does just look like a grey clad building, rather than anything connected to Wigan Warriors.
Makes you wonder if someone forgot to apply for permission to put up signage.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Defo needs plenty cherry n white paint and signage on the outside....... keep improving it coz its a great idea...... leep it up wigan( one team in wigan)