Robin Park Fan Zone

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Robin Park Fan Zone

Post by josie andrews »

A big well done to the club.

What a brilliant atmosphere a great way for pre & post match fans to congregate

Cracking young singer too.

Lockers & Matty Peet’s joint venture, Roaming Spirit, was a big success, in fact it sold out of beer!

Good night all round 😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:36 am A big well done to the club.

What a brilliant atmosphere a great way for pre & post match fans to congregate

Cracking young singer too.

Lockers & Matty Peet’s joint venture, Roaming Spirit, was a big success, in fact it sold out of beer!

Good night all round 😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️
I'd certainly echo that Josie. One or two things I'd change would be to have food available in some way and if their is a speaker, have the mic turned up a bit. Struggled to hear Andy Gregory speaking today.
Apart from that, top notch. The shop is much better too!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We arrived at around 5:50 having left the Anvil early to try out the new "Fanzone" . The place was empty but we struggled to get a table and ended up sitting around an old oil drum near the door . All the decent tables near the bar and stage had reserved signs on them although there was no one sitting or standing anywhere near them . Sorry but that's just not right . We are all Wigan fans and it should be first come first served in my opinion . They also need to start selling snacks and hot food to encourage people to come early and spend more.

Regards EW.
2002 and EW is hooked
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:21 am We arrived at around 5:50 having left the Anvil early to try out the new "Fanzone" . The place was empty but we struggled to get a table and ended up sitting around an old oil drum near the door . All the decent tables near the bar and stage had reserved signs on them although there was no one sitting or standing anywhere near them . Sorry but that's just not right . We are all Wigan fans and it should be first come first served in my opinion . They also need to start selling snacks and hot food to encourage people to come early and spend more.

Regards EW.

I've raised a couple of the concerns with one of the organisers. There should have been more tables but were let down by the suppliers!!
There should have been food but again were let down by the company who were supposed to provide it.

Hopefully it'll be sorted for the next games, I also mentioned the pa system which didn't seem really adequate for a room of that size, probably as a minimum needed an extra pair of speakers at each end of the room.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Having not beenthe new fanzone and going on sunday, just a quick couple of questions anyone....... .what time do the bars open and is the new souvenir shop now situated there?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:40 pm Having not beenthe new fanzone and going on sunday, just a quick couple of questions anyone....... .what time do the bars open and is the new souvenir shop now situated there?
https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... ne-hull-fc
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Thank you josie
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Classic Andy Gregory pre match speech...... not 100% but he said something like”Really enjoyed the world club challenge match,...... being a proper wigan and hating the aussies, i can honestly say that im glad that the WCC trophy is going back to Australia, and not to ST Helens”..... proper class
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:41 pm Classic Andy Gregory pre match speech...... not 100% but he said something like”Really enjoyed the world club challenge match,...... being a proper wigan and hating the aussies, i can honestly say that im glad that the WCC trophy is going back to Australia, and not to ST Helens”..... proper class
Him and me both,can't be doing with all this we should support the English team nonsense.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A good place to go after the match.
The club played it well with bringing in the squad tonight.
Can only be good for the club and us fans.