Big occasion: Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Big occasion: Burgess

Post by josie andrews »

George Burgess looks ahead to making his possible debut for Wigan Warriors as his side host Warrington Wolves in the season opener at the DW Stadium on Thursday.

Prop speaks to Wigan TV at the 2020 Betfred Super League season launch at Emerald Headingley Stadium, Leeds on Friday.

Burgess: “Hopefully, we can put some of the hard work we’ve done on the training field out on to the playing field. I’m looking forward to putting the shirt on.”

Ahead of making his possible debut for Wigan Warriors, George Burgess anticipates Thursday’s Betfred Super League opener with Warrington Wolves will be another chapter in the fixture’s ‘blockbuster’ history.
The 27-year-old prop has been named in Adrian Lam’s 21-man squad, with the Cherry and Whites hosting fierce rivals Warrington at the DW Stadium, as rugby league returns for 2020.

And whilst speaking to Wigan TV at the 2020 Betfred Super League season launch at Emerald Headingley Stadium in Leeds on Friday, prop Burgess shared his eagerness to get out on the pitch.

He said: “I can’t wait. It’s been a few months training with the boys and I’m looking forward to getting out there now. Hopefully, we can put some of the hard work we’ve done on the training field out on to the playing field.

“I’m looking forward to putting the shirt on. It’s always a big occasion playing at the DW and against Warrington as well – they’ve had some blockbuster games over the past few years so I think this will be the same. It’s good to have some of my family over watching the game, which is cool and I’m looking forward to it.”

Head to Wigan TV to watch the full interview with George to hear him talking about the Warrington game, the Betfred Super League launch and preparing to walk out at the DW Stadium as a Warriors player for the first time. Click HERE.

The Betfred Super League is finally back! Wigan Warriors host fierce rivals Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium on Thursday (K.O. 7:45pm), as rugby league returns for 2020. There’s no love lost between these two giants of the game and WHAT a way to kick-off the new season!

We need your support as it promises to be another blockbuster encounter between two of Super League’s title chasers. Catch Steve Prescott Man of Steel Jackson Hastings and powerhouse prop George Burgess in the Cherry and White for the first time and purchase your ticket today by clicking HERE, visiting the DW Stadium Ticket Office or calling 01942 311111.

For more information on tickets for this game, click HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... on-burgess
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan