Wigan vs wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan vs wire

Post by ancientnloyal »

George Burgess 😬 dear me

Joe Burgess 😬 dear me
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Thought the Youngsters made a good account of themselves tonight, joe burgess hasn’t been the same player since he left for Oz. Marshall defensively was outstanding tonight.
Get everyone fit and I think we will go well this season
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

That was not the first match of 2020 - that was another match from 2019.

Forwards were powder-puff - Smithies excepted - assume they will get fitter as we progress. Marshall and Burgess were strong in defence - very necessary. French was good in parts and will be an asset. Hardaker was very good.

Warrington were as dirty as ever but probably deserved to win. We need to get our forwards sorted out soon.

And we still look uncoached. Short goal-line drop-outs and we let them get the ball!!!! Our kicking hasn't improved and we didn't use the conditions like Warrington did. Daryl Clark ran straight through the middle.
It was all a bit Groundhog Day. Last tackle - die with the ball. Hopefully the cobwebs have been blown away.

Things can only get better and at least we have 2 points. Not sure I'm looking forward to Cas next week but maybe this was the wake-up call we needed.

And touch judges - can't we just get rid of them? They don't contribute anything.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 pm The hardaker try is a pain inthe arse...... the linesman waves play onthen it gets calked back...... why dont we get rid of linesmen/women and have a live camfor these decisions
But no doubt the Wire foot was In touch.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

French so exciting,Hastings was good and Marshall very good.Bibby nothing special but we need to give him time.As for George Burgess he was so unfit its not true.Wire were good though lets be fair,MMS is a beast,Toby King excellent.We need to improve but im sure we will.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Oh dear - a lot of work to do.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Southern Softy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Warrington were as dirty as ever but probably deserved to win. We need to get our forwards sorted out soon.

The team that wins deserves to win.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Same old same old,ploughing up the middle all game against 12 men and then 11.
Letting them pass out the tackle time and time again, and the whole team looking no where near fit (no change there then)but the inability of the team to be able to think for itself is the most depressing.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Extremely lucky in some respects tonight! I found it fighting how when Wire where reduced to 12 and 11 men, we still allowed them to execute with lightening pace and they threw the ball around freely!

Bevan French and Oliver Partington looked good!

I don't think anybody was poor but the fitness and age of certain players stood out!

Agreed, lots of work to do!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No pace at halfback and we need more punch in the forwards. We are expecting young lads to run over seasoned performers.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards