Wigan vs wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan vs wire

Post by josie andrews »

”But when you’ve got an 120 kilo prop sort of gouging at your face it’s not something we need in our game.
No way is Smithies 18 + stone!!

Soft sod 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I did wonder what had gone on report,not good if it turns out to be true but whatever smithess needs to watch himself now
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

bertina wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 pm
It's not you
He makes BMM look skinny currently.
What about Clubb. ??
Clubb looks like hes trimmed up a bit in the off season to me. He was warming up right in front of me during the game and he looked leaner than I've ever seen him
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

No idea in attack where is the promised attactive football Lam said he would bring to Wigan And still the persisit in giving stupid pens but I bet it's halved when SOL off the field
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Morgan Smithies top tackler last night with 43 in 57 minutes 😊

https://twitter.com/superleague/status/ ... 39720?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:52 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:40 pm

He left Charnley in his wake.
He is a complete enigma Joe Burgess! For me he is the complete package for a winger (pace, strength, height, weight and ability to score)......but I believe we very rarely see it these days!

Fairenough he had injuries in 2019, but he doesn't help his case when he makes statements intending to improve in 2020 and appears to look similar to last season.

I know it's only one game in but I wonder if he is genuinely passionate anymore? If you look at Marshy in comparison, he is slightly slower, lighter and small in frame but his enthusiasm is SECOND TO NONE!
Was he better or worse than Charnley?
I was too alarmed by Burgess to put him in comparison lol. That said, if your asking do I think Charnley is better that Budgie (2019 as its hard to judge on one game) the answer is yes.

Like I said before he went to the NRL the guy scored for fun and destroyed Cronulla upon his return, but he is a shadow of his former self! If its not injuries, its fitness, if not fitness what else is it? Seems like the guy is stealing a wage. To be fair, it looked like he had more pace than last season and he is good under the high ball but his ability to actually score try's and defend comfortably is questionable. Be interesting to see when Dom returns.
CheshireWarrior

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am
bertina wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 pm

He makes BMM look skinny currently.
What about Clubb. ??
Clubb looks like hes trimmed up a bit in the off season to me. He was warming up right in front of me during the game and he looked leaner than I've ever seen him
I thought Tony Clubb was really poor in 2019 in many areas and certainly not alone in the forwards! I actually thought the guy tried really well last night and wasn't poor. I do think he was struggling with fitness though and I think to be fair to him, being the wrong side of 30 and the injuries/surgery he has had over the years it really shows in his games at times.
CheshireWarrior

pearsy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:33 am No idea in attack where is the promised attactive football Lam said he would bring to Wigan And still the persisit in giving stupid pens but I bet it's halved when SOL off the field
I think Jackson Hastings put himself about well last night, I agree though at times we did look flat and unorganised. I do think Jackson would benefit from a 'recognised' standoff to partner him. Blake Austin for my money was superb yesterday, we need a good combination in the halves and for all his strengths its not Tommy.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

We’re are missing a top standoff and hooker.
Get them and we’ve got a hell of a team
Southport steve

Post by Southport steve »

Why oh why do we never set up for a drop goal as basic game management. Last night we could have put the game to bed In The last 10 mins and saved ourselves the late dramas.