Wigan vs wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan vs wire

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:06 am
”But when you’ve got an 120 kilo prop sort of gouging at your face it’s not something we need in our game.
No way is Smithies 18 + stone!!

Soft sod 😂
Or a prop
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

One of our problems is our back row its too light they are unable to break tackles and off load. We need someone like BMW and Manu at Hull then we will create chances. Greenwood would be ideal but all the head knocks has taken its toll thats why the NFRL let him go.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 am We’re are missing a top standoff and hooker.
Get them and we’ve got a hell of a team
I agree.

French has been given the no 6 shirt but it seems the injury to Gildart has led to Lam playing two players out of position. French at FB and Hardaker at centre though that did change later on in the game.

Lam presumably thinks Hankinson isn't good enough ( or maybe he's injured) but he needs to get a settled half back pairing sorted if we are to see the half backs gain an understanding and he needs to find out of French can cut it at 6. Tommy is looking past it now.

When Gildart is back I'd expect to see Hastings 7, French 6, Gildart and Bibby in the centres and Hardaker at full back. Tommy interchange hooker. But don't we have a long wait for this to be possible?

As to recruiting a top class hooker, don't hold your breath. IL and Rads aren't ruthless enough to do that.
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:07 am I did wonder what had gone on report,not good if it turns out to be true but whatever smithess needs to watch himself now
I've watched it over and over on TV and I can't see anything. So unless they have the ability to see it from different angles, I don't think the panel will be able to do anything.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

I think Hastings will eventually take control of the games once he is bedded in and with French going into No6 he could do some damage breaking the line
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Southport steve

Post by Southport steve »

Just watched match again. Does anybody else think BMM was short for the Warrington try ?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:07 am I did wonder what had gone on report,not good if it turns out to be true but whatever smithess needs to watch himself now
He doesn't need to watch himself if he didn't do it,Austin spent all night crying to the ref so until there's proof I'd take it as the boy who cried wolf.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The Waney way is too ingrained into several players, In some it's all they know, Until these players are moved on we will never a flashy attacking game, The evidence is there for all to see, Once it goes tits up we revert to Waneball
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:42 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 am We’re are missing a top standoff and hooker.
Get them and we’ve got a hell of a team
I agree.

French has been given the no 6 shirt but it seems the injury to Gildart has led to Lam playing two players out of position. French at FB and Hardaker at centre though that did change later on in the game.

Lam presumably thinks Hankinson isn't good enough ( or maybe he's injured) but he needs to get a settled half back pairing sorted if we are to see the half backs gain an understanding and he needs to find out of French can cut it at 6. Tommy is looking past it now.

When Gildart is back I'd expect to see Hastings 7, French 6, Gildart and Bibby in the centres and Hardaker at full back. Tommy interchange hooker. But don't we have a long wait for this to be possible?

As to recruiting a top class hooker, don't hold your breath. IL and Rads aren't ruthless enough to do that.
French has number 6 as hardaker has number 1....

French is a fullback and moving him to the halves would be a mistake.

He was asked last night and he stated he likes fullback wants to stay at fullback and we will see more of what he can do when in the game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Mickw wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:49 pm
He doesn't need to watch himself if he didn't do it,Austin spent all night crying to the ref so until there's proof I'd take it as the boy who cried wolf.
Very true. Gold Award for whingeing. That being said, Smithies' other arm did come around into Austin's face. I thought if there was a contact it was the mouth or nose but not the eyes and it didn't seem at all definite.