George Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: George Burgess

Post by Firestarter »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:37 pm I’m prepared to give him time to get right... it’s early season. To state after the game that he may not be ready for Cas, the Wigan coaches must have known it was a risk to give him a go.

We have adequate cover with Bullock
If clarke isnt picked again im inclined to think it was wasted salary cap space
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:32 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:37 pm I’m prepared to give him time to get right... it’s early season. To state after the game that he may not be ready for Cas, the Wigan coaches must have known it was a risk to give him a go.

We have adequate cover with Bullock
If clarke isnt picked again im inclined to think it was wasted salary cap space

I wonder if it's against his old club will influence the decision or not ? It could work both ways.
If I remember after he signed for us, Powell never picked him, and then when we tried to bring the signing forward, Cas refused and instead loaned him out to Leigh.
Typical Powell that, although I know we were battling with them for a Pay-Off spot.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Anyone who has Wigan TV look in the archives at the Saints V Wigan game 1992 that's what forwards was all about the props are whimps in todays standards and whats more they played 80 min. Skerrett and Platt were our props .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Clark played well yesterday in the reserves 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Why was Burgess even on the field he never looked right from the start Should have been picked up in training ?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pearsy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 am Why was Burgess even on the field he never looked right from the start Should have been picked up in training ?
His selection certainly did him no favours. Time to get him fit and ready to play, if that takes six weeks then so be it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:07 am Clark played well yesterday in the reserves 😊
Thats good to know josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm hoping we replace George with Joe Bullock until George is fit. Any more games like the last one and his confidence will start to suffer. I'd also play the 'great performance against a former club' card that we see so often and include Clarke too. Great to see young Harvard play so well but Cas away is not an easy one and we have to feed him in gradually. It's early days but Toronto at home looks an easier task than Cas away if we want to try new things/rest people.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:27 pm I'm hoping we replace George with Joe Bullock until George is fit. Any more games like the last one and his confidence will start to suffer. I'd also play the 'great performance against a former club' card that we see so often and include Clarke too. Great to see young Harvard play so well but Cas away is not an easy one and we have to feed him in gradually. It's early days but Toronto at home looks an easier task than Cas away if we want to try new things/rest people.
I would agree with that 100%.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards