21-man squad vs Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: 21-man squad vs Castleford

Post by jao711 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm Cas squad

Injury ravaged Tigers to be without Griffin, Milner, Hepi and Eden through injury.

Warriors head coach Adrian Lam makes two changes with Jake Shorrocks and mitch Clark coming in for Joe Bullock and George Burgess who misses out through a hip injury.

Hooker Sam Powell included for Wigan despite being left unconscious after a high tackle against Warrington in the opening game.

Both sides began the Super League season with victories against Toronto and Warrington respectfully and will be looking to build on that winning start against each other at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Friday.

Cas certainly look to be up against it given their lengthy injury list, but will be hoping the youthful enthusiasm included in their squad will make the desired effect against a Wigan team looking to avenge their 38-28 loss at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle last season.

Castleford Tigers: Jordan Rankin, Derrell Olpherts, Michael Shenton, Jake Trueman, Danny Richardson, Liam Watts, Paul McShane, Grant Millington, Oliver Holmes, Nathan Massey, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Smith, Junior Moors, James Clare, Jacques O’Neill, Lewis Peachey, Brad Graham, Robbie Storey, Brad Martin, Sam Hall, Bailey Hodgson.

Wigan Warriors: Zak Hardaker, Liam Marshall, Chris Hankinson, Joe Burgess, Bevan French, Tommy LeuLuai, Tony Clubb, Sam Powell, Willie Isa, Liam Farrell, Sean O’Loughlin, Joe Greenwood, Morgan Smithies, Ollie Partington, Liam Byrne, Mitch Clark, Jake Bibby, Jake Shorrocks, Harry Smith, Ethan Havard, Jackson Hastings.

https://www.totalrl.com/21-man-squads-n ... -vs-wigan/
Don’t believe Powell he tells porkies.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:37 pm
Barney841 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 pm I’d like to think greenwood will be in the squad, think we need him for his size and strength. He can break the line and offload the ball which we badly miss.
Bullock is one of our best props so don’t how he doesn’t make the team.
Agreed on both points! With Burgess ruled out, I think Bullock offers more than Clubb, Flower and Havard for certain.
I've heard there nothing wrong with Bullock, it's Lam's double standards so early in the season already opting for his favourites

A bit like Hankinson not getting a start after being awarded the No 3 shirt, Has Hasting has an influence on having his mate Bibby play or is that just Lam?

Both Bullock and Hankinson had strong games in reserves and deserve a spot in my opinion
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

jackthelad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:38 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:37 pm
Barney841 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 pm I’d like to think greenwood will be in the squad, think we need him for his size and strength. He can break the line and offload the ball which we badly miss.
Bullock is one of our best props so don’t how he doesn’t make the team.
Agreed on both points! With Burgess ruled out, I think Bullock offers more than Clubb, Flower and Havard for certain.
I've heard there nothing wrong with Bullock, it's Lam's double standards so early in the season already opting for his favourites

A bit like Hankinson not getting a start after being awarded the No 3 shirt, Has Hasting has an influence on having his mate Bibby play or is that just Lam?

Both Bullock and Hankinson had strong games in reserves and deserve a spot in my opinion
I agree with Bullock but Bibby has been strong against Leeds and Warrington, why change him if he’s playing well? Only thing Hankinson offers above him is goal kicking
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And Bibby is more experienced at SL level than Hankinson, who is really still finding his feet after coming out of the Championship. At an intimidating place like Cas, I see no reason why Bibby shouldn't start, he offers a more rounded game at Centre.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 pm Lam is taking a risk by leaving Bullock out. How many minutes does he expect Clubb to play? Neither Burgess nor Flower will play. I get the selection of Clark against his old club but surely Bullock should be in there.
I can't say I get the selection of Clarke against his old club. It seems a very poor reason to pick a player if another is looking fitter and on form. From the reports on the preseason games Bullock looked good and Clarke didn't. How long is the Adrenalin going to last for Clarke if he's not match fit?

I hope Lam hasn't swapped out one unfit prop in Burgess for another in Clarke based on nothing more than gut feeling and hoping that for some reason the fact it's Cas we are playing is going to spark Clarke into action. We shall see but selections made this way if that is what he has done aren't very professional.

I hope he rips them apart but I have my doubts he will.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I have to admit Bullock was awesome in preseason and then not been played seems weird...
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:19 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 pm Lam is taking a risk by leaving Bullock out. How many minutes does he expect Clubb to play? Neither Burgess nor Flower will play. I get the selection of Clark against his old club but surely Bullock should be in there.
I can't say I get the selection of Clarke against his old club. It seems a very poor reason to pick a player if another is looking fitter and on form. From the reports on the preseason games Bullock looked good and Clarke didn't. How long is the Adrenalin going to last for Clarke if he's not match fit?

I hope Lam hasn't swapped out one unfit prop in Burgess for another in Clarke based on nothing more than gut feeling and hoping that for some reason the fact it's Cas we are playing is going to spark Clarke into action. We shall see but selections made this way if that is what he has done aren't very professional.

I hope he rips them apart but I have my doubts he will.
i must admit the same thought had crossed my mind davo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well people are saying that Bullock's exclusion is disciplinary, which kinda makes sense, as he is clearly not injured, and playing well. You could agree or disagree with that, but it's not favouritism.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

But a big bold choice throwing Smith in at the deep end!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

No coverage on wigan tv?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.