Wigan Warriors Reserves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors Reserves

Post by Firestarter »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm Really sad to see how Joe's form has declined and I can't help thinking that he needs to move on. Wakey are short of players so perhaps we can interest them. He was very good a couple of seasons ago so someone may be prepared to take a punt. Perhaps we should consider putting Jack Wells on the bench against Hull, he seems to have worked himself back into form nicely.
get rid of flower, greenwood and escare and bring in two tasty signings
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:14 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm Really sad to see how Joe's form has declined and I can't help thinking that he needs to move on. Wakey are short of players so perhaps we can interest them. He was very good a couple of seasons ago so someone may be prepared to take a punt. Perhaps we should consider putting Jack Wells on the bench against Hull, he seems to have worked himself back into form nicely.
I see what your saying but can’t see us making anymore signings this season
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm
I see what your saying but can’t see us making anymore signings this season
Wishful thinking
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If memory serves Flower, Escare and Greenwood are all out of contract anyway. With Joe Burgess, Lockers, Isa and Leuluai looking like this is their last seasons at Wigan and the likes of Gildart also looking for new deals should give Wigan plenty of scope for bringing new players in should they need them
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Terrible conditions but several players stood up well. Wells looks like he might make more yards than Partington or Smithies down the middle, Kilner definitely would but ateotd they are considered better defenders. Almost every forward out there out performed Greenwood. His head is just not in the right place. There is no way that he should be near inclusion for the first team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think we have the following off contract at the end of the season: Escare, Gildart; Joe Burgess; Leuluai, Flower, O'Loughlin; Hankinson; Jake Shorrocks and maybe Hastings. There is going to be a chunk of salary going to be available for new signings and hopefully contract extensions in some cases.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Did manfredi play???
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:43 pm Did manfredi play???
Manfred played. He carried fairly well through thick mud. It just was not a wingers day. One " error" when he dropped the ball backwards but the ref said that he pushed the ball forwards into himself before going back which is a new one on me.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Manfredi did carry well, but he didn't seem interested in passing at all when he had a couple of opportunities to do so. Agree with the comments about Greenwood, I thought Kilner and Byrne did well, and good cameos from Pearce-Paul and Barron.