Squad v Toronto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Squad v Toronto

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am
southportcdm wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am Bullock and Clarke both in for me. Smith should keep his place even if he starts on the bench (if Powell is fit), we need to see how he copes/progresses with a run of games. I'd give George Burgess more time and I think Greenwood needs more games in the reserves to restore his confidence because, sadly, he doesn't seem to be the player he was two seasons ago. It doesn't sound like Dom is quite ready yet so a reserve game or two for him too. Even at this early stage of the season we need to be thinking about limiting the time that Lockers plays. Now that he's fit just keep him ticking over for the bigger games.
doesnt lockers usually save himself for the big games?
Yes, but he used to produce the goods when it mattered, I am not sure that he can have the same impact anymore.
That was my point SEFC....... I honestly believe we are a better team without him these days...... when we lost against salford last season i thought lockers and tommy looked shot
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bertina

Post by bertina »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am
bertina wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:12 am Greenwood and bullock in for me....... time for one of our backrowers to face the axe i think....... got to keep them playing for their places....... if powell is out then play tommy with borough on bench
Those two have to be in for me too. We need some oomph!! in the pack. Isa, for all his commitment, isn't big enough, and all the kids in at once isn't working. We had no go forward whatsoever at Cas last friday. The youngsters give 100%, but as I keep saying, you can't play them all at once. It was literally men against boys.
from watching Greenwood preseason and the reserve game, he doesn't deserve a spot yet, it may be confidence, but he gets put down wayyyyy to easily currently,

Isa also is doing well, I don't get why he's receiving criticism currently.
I fail to see how Isa is doing well. The lad gives 100% granted, but he is just not big enough for a super league forward. (Especially when all his pack mates are kids.)
He rarely breaks a tackle and takes nothing out of the defending forwards due to his lack of size.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wigan are at a point where we play players that cannot give good minutes on the field so we have to select a bench to cover for that.

We know that Lockers/Leuluai/Clubb are the culprits and the team carries these now with the bench and rotation of that bench. The impact any of these make is nominal now. Their best now a fading memory for these players careers.

The team can possibly carry one, maybe two of these. It is lunacy to carry all three and expect 80 minutes from them - or as we currently do - about 15 minutes before a kid comes on

Isa was signed as a squad player and he has proved to be a loyal servant. A first team starter? Never in a million years. Was never good enough under Wane and shouldn't be now because he is considered a Lam favourite. Out of contract at the end of the season and we should be seriously looking at a replacement from the reserves
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

There’s a whole bunch of players off contract we should have a large amount of salary cap available. Let’s hope we spend it wisely, if we do we will have a cracking squad.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards