Lam previews Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Lam previews Hull FC

Post by Barney841 »

I don’t get the big up of hanky.
I think he’s average, he won’t let you down but doesn’t really add anything to the team, well bar his kicking.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:13 pm I don’t get the big up of hanky.
I think he’s average, he won’t let you down but doesn’t really add anything to the team, well bar his kicking.

Nor me ,i was never a big fan of Sarge but neither Hanky or Bibby are any better imo,but they will be cheaper and that will suit IL
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

old hooker wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Nor me ,i was never a big fan of Sarge but neither Hanky or Bibby are any better imo,but they will be cheaper and that will suit IL
No one is bigging Hank up just wondering why he's not starting, yet given no 3 shirt?

Dont agree he is average, although he's not a super star. Wigan signed him whether cheap or not, he did well last season when given the chance and now Sarge has gone, thought he would be given a starting spot

No idea what is going on at the club still early days in the season, plenty to improve on this week should be a test according to most if Hull are full strength

i
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

So far I have not seen anything from Bibby to show that he is that much better than Hankinson except for a bit more pace. Both are solid rather than spectacular but Hankinson can play a few more roles. When Gildart gets back I can see Hankinson getting a bench spot in front of Bibby if we want someone who can cover forwards and backs but unless Isa is injured he will generally get that gig.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

jackthelad wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29 pm
old hooker wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 pm

No one is bigging Hank up just wondering why he's not starting, yet given no 3 shirt?

Dont agree he is average, although he's not a super star. Wigan signed him whether cheap or not, he did well last season when given the chance and now Sarge has gone, thought he would be given a starting spot

No idea what is going on at the club still early days in the season, plenty to improve on this week should be a test according to most if Hull are full strength

i
Fair point.
All you say about bibby is that he’s played in the super league longer
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hanky was never signed to be a regular first team player was he? my understanding is he signed to cover an injury crisis and had an opportunity to show something but was unfortunately injured during most the stint he would be in the first team.

I think providing hes on a modest wage (as i expect he is) he is a pretty good guy to have around but wont be banging on the starting 17 without injury exceptions. Bibby offers more than him, not much but a little bit so make sense he starts ahead of him. I would probably stick him on the bench due to the fact he can cover a few positions but then again ISA kinda gives you that too
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Didn’t see the game. Good result
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Shame only 12k crowd as was a good game.

Wonder where all the fans complaining about thursday games where :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:28 pm Shame only 12k crowd as was a good game.

Wonder where all the fans complaining about thursday games where :D
My thoughts exactly.!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Seemed likea bigger crowd to me although the hull following was p%%s poor.......really liked the fan zone though(cheers josie)...... it feels good putting all my money into the OFFICIAL one team in wigan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE