Lam previews Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Lam previews Hull FC

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm Seemed likea bigger crowd to me although the hull following was p%%s poor.......really liked the fan zone though(cheers josie)...... it feels good putting all my money into the OFFICIAL one team in wigan
Crowd look better but i presume they always include season tickets. West stand was a bit empty... hulls following wasn't great, i understand why thursday gets low crowds but 3pm on a sunday VS hull should have been a 14k game.

Im getting more impressed with Wigans own tv, means we get good quality replays and makes everything look much more professional.

Good game, good effort by a young pack vs a very experienced hull pack (regardless of who was out).

One annoying thing about hull games though is the amount of cheating they do when on the back foot.
The problem for the club is that hospitality sales nose dive on Sundays.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:40 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:16 pm
Barney841 wrote:Didn’t see the game. Good result
Neither did I. Over in darkest Yorkshire for my sister in laws 60th birthday and had to suffer England v Ireland in the pub today.

Pleasantly surprised by the result. I don’t know if Hull had their best side out but regardless I thought we’d struggle v their size as bar about two players they are big side.

So very pleased to see after what was seemingly a tight first half we pulled away for the win. No complaints from the Hull coach either having read the BBC match report (not that it that detailed mind you!).
At lease you got to the pub Dave it could have been worse ;)
You are not wrong there. The 60th birthday "do" was on the Saturday, the Sunday option was attending the sister-in-laws grandson's birthday party in some hideous play zone venue (I served my time as a Dad in those already) followed by "afternoon tea". The pub was an easy choice. The real annoying thing though is the sister-in-laws birthday is actually next weekend. It was on Saturday because apparently next week was too inconvenient for some :evil:
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:04 pm Hanky was never signed to be a regular first team player was he? my understanding is he signed to cover an injury crisis and had an opportunity to show something but was unfortunately injured during most the stint he would be in the first team.

I think providing hes on a modest wage (as i expect he is) he is a pretty good guy to have around but wont be banging on the starting 17 without injury exceptions. Bibby offers more than him, not much but a little bit so make sense he starts ahead of him. I would probably stick him on the bench due to the fact he can cover a few positions but then again ISA kinda gives you that too
Quite a fair summary overall, the big question for me is why did the club give Hankinson the no 3 shirt?

He did well in the majority of his limited appearances last year maybe the no 3 is justified as well as a new contract

Can only assume that Hastings is having an influence when it comes to having Bibby outside him