Lam previews Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Lam previews Hull FC

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm Seemed likea bigger crowd to me although the hull following was p%%s poor.......really liked the fan zone though(cheers josie)...... it feels good putting all my money into the OFFICIAL one team in wigan
Crowd look better but i presume they always include season tickets. West stand was a bit empty... hulls following wasn't great, i understand why thursday gets low crowds but 3pm on a sunday VS hull should have been a 14k game.

Im getting more impressed with Wigans own tv, means we get good quality replays and makes everything look much more professional.

Good game, good effort by a young pack vs a very experienced hull pack (regardless of who was out).

One annoying thing about hull games though is the amount of cheating they do when on the back foot.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was a first time visitor to the fan zone too today,. was just in time for a pint just before the game, and went in for one afterwards. Great effort by the club. That, and the new big screen, have really added to match days.

Agree the crowd was very poor, especially as Hull always bring a few (not so many this time as in the past, though).
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So was Burgess(Joe) injured? I thought it was an odd decison to include Dom after 20 mins play in last year ish
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Overall, I was pleased with our performance. Apart from their tries, the one thing that concerned me was the number of offloads they got away when we had up to 3 in the tackle.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm Overall, I was pleased with our performance. Apart from their tries, the one thing that concerned me was the number of offloads they got away when we had up to 3 in the tackle.
there first try was totally against the run of play and showed our lack of pace on that edge....... there second was off a blatant forward pass and was a bad attrmpted tackle off zac, i think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Lam previews Hull FC

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote:Didn’t see the game. Good result
Neither did I. Over in darkest Yorkshire for my sister in laws 60th birthday and had to suffer England v Ireland in the pub today.

Pleasantly surprised by the result. I don’t know if Hull had their best side out but regardless I thought we’d struggle v their size as bar about two players they are big side.

So very pleased to see after what was seemingly a tight first half we pulled away for the win. No complaints from the Hull coach either having read the BBC match report (not that it that detailed mind you!).
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hull had 6 or 7 missing but it looked a handy squad never the less.
Our forwards held their own and the backs were better than Hull's. Their tries were a bit fortunate well taken by them.
Our tries were well constructed especially the first one by French.
I thought our lads stepped up as they knew hull would be bringing a physically big team, which they did.
French and Hastings are both quality and add a lot to the attack as well as being solid in defence.
A good win and deserved too.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:14 pm Hull had 6 or 7 missing but it looked a handy squad never the less.
Our forwards held their own and the backs were better than Hull's. Their tries were a bit fortunate well taken by them.
Our tries were well constructed especially the first one by French.
I thought our lads stepped up as they knew hull would be bringing a physically big team, which they did.
French and Hastings are both quality and add a lot to the attack as well as being solid in defence.
A good win and deserved too.
I think that sums up the game perfectly Ted.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:11 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm Overall, I was pleased with our performance. Apart from their tries, the one thing that concerned me was the number of offloads they got away when we had up to 3 in the tackle.
there first try was totally against the run of play and showed our lack of pace on that edge....... there second was off a blatant forward pass and was a bad attrmpted tackle off zac, i think
Spot on there Firestarter.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:16 pm
Barney841 wrote:Didn’t see the game. Good result
Neither did I. Over in darkest Yorkshire for my sister in laws 60th birthday and had to suffer England v Ireland in the pub today.

Pleasantly surprised by the result. I don’t know if Hull had their best side out but regardless I thought we’d struggle v their size as bar about two players they are big side.

So very pleased to see after what was seemingly a tight first half we pulled away for the win. No complaints from the Hull coach either having read the BBC match report (not that it that detailed mind you!).
At lease you got to the pub Dave it could have been worse ;)
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards