Top three versus Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Top three versus Hull FC

Post by moto748 »

French
Marshall
Hastings

again. I'll look out for Partington when I watch it back.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hasings and partington were both very good and unlucky not to get in my3...... if we had started with smith at 7(alongwith a decent ref)i think we would have won very comfortably....... tommys kicking was atrocious and smith made the best infield kick within 30 secs of his introduction....... i rate tommy( but not as a half)......he missed 3 bad tackles that i noticed...... smith gets his critics from missing tackles but so does tommy, which is confusing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Just watched the highlights. Good offloading of the ball. Well finished try from manfredi, looks to have lost abit of pace looked abit limp at times. French looking dangerous as usual
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm Just watched the highlights. Good offloading of the ball. Well finished try from manfredi, looks to have lost abit of pace looked abit limp at times. French looking dangerous as usual
First game back in the 1st team, should get better as he gets up to speed.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:31 pm Hastings
Partington
Leuluai
I’d agree with you,Hastings chatting away is a joy to behold,he just gets better and better.

Manfredi quiet for him but he needs games now
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:59 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm Just watched the highlights. Good offloading of the ball. Well finished try from manfredi, looks to have lost abit of pace looked abit limp at times. French looking dangerous as usual
First game back in the 1st team, should get better as he gets up to speed.
I hope so. Best winger at the club when fully fit
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

A lot of good players on the park today, and we looked like a team more than the previous 3 games.
There was a 10 minute spell in our opening game when we looked good, and it ended with Sam Powell being knocked out. He hasn't played till today, but his return seems unnoticed among previous comments, which I think is missing what a good player he is.
What a difference he made both to the central distribution to the halves, and also his play from dummy half, both attack and defence.
For me he's an unsung hero, working very hard and not always getting the recognition he deserves.
We were a dramatically better team with him playing today, and we looked rather wooden in the first game after he'd gone off, and in the next two. Might we have won at Cas had he been playing? We can only speculate.
But his work as hooker nullified a lot of what Hull tried to do.

So, for me, welcome back Sam, we've missed you.
Stevethegas
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Hastings
French
Marshall
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I think we're improving week on week ,I thought we moved the ball around better and we're trying to get french more in the game .We we're doing it nicely till the interception but I was never worried about the result today. Goal line defense was good ,if we could stop the offload a bit more then great.
There's alot more to come from this team I reckon, and even a half fit manfredi is a better option than joe burgess at the moment.
Hastings m o m for me ,a real competitor leads by example and never stops organizing and talking.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

French
Hastings
Partington
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan