Greenwood to Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Greenwood to Leeds

Post by ancientnloyal »

With immediate effect

2 month loan deal

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... d-to-leeds
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Re: Greenwood to Leeds

Post by Firestarter »

I dont get this........ either sell him permanant and replace him, or keep him...... dont see the point in strengthening our enemies....... gonna be very dissapointed if we dont sign more this season as we are pretty lighweight in the back row atm
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Greenwood is superb on his day and certainly offers more than Isa (overall)…...that said, shame the lad is very fragile and hampered with injuries left, right and centre!

Agreed we certainly are lightweight in the backrows (bit concerning this)!
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

When he first came into the side Greenwood looked to be a class addition, was scoring tries for fun and making big yards going forward. Since he's had his concussion issues he's not been the same player for whatever reason and right now, Isa is in there ahead of him and (despite what many on here say) rightly so. He's going to get more out of playing 1st team rugby at Leeds than reserve grade (or not at all) for Wigan so fingers crossed he can go there, get back to where he was and then come back and challenge for his spot back in the side.

Is this a thawing in relations between IL and Uncle Gary?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

AndyNick wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:10 am When he first came into the side Greenwood looked to be a class addition, was scoring tries for fun and making big yards going forward. Since he's had his concussion issues he's not been the same player for whatever reason and right now, Isa is in there ahead of him and (despite what many on here say) rightly so. He's going to get more out of playing 1st team rugby at Leeds than reserve grade (or not at all) for Wigan so fingers crossed he can go there, get back to where he was and then come back and challenge for his spot back in the side.

Is this a thawing in relations between IL and Uncle Gary?
Must admit seems an odd destination for him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Let’s be honest it hasn’t worked for him here so a move was always on the cards,but I do find his destination especially on loan to Leeds odd to say the least
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

2 months gets some much needed first team game time, if he gets over whatever his issue is bring him back.

Sadly hes to much of a risk to put in the team at the moment and while we have good backs ups a loan will be good for him.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:37 am Greenwood is superb on his day and certainly offers more than Isa (overall)…...that said, shame the lad is very fragile and hampered with injuries left, right and centre!

if he had the heart and toughness of isa he'd be a world beater but he hasn't.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Agent Greenwood! :lol:
jao711

Post by jao711 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:37 am Greenwood is superb on his day and certainly offers more than Isa (overall)…...that said, shame the lad is very fragile and hampered with injuries left, right and centre!

Well than Cheshire, if you haven’t watched the video of the Hull game then I recommend it.Then tell me that Greenwood is a better player than Willie Isa who had his usual 100 % game as he did in EVERY game Weplayed last year.JG started well for us but drifted away mid season and has hardly shown up since.A big disappointment to me as I expected much more. I think the change will be good for both parties.Meanwhile i will be happy with a player we can always rely on.That’s why he gets selected.