Where’s Wigan’s offload gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alovepie

Where’s Wigan’s offload gone.

Post by Alovepie »

Over the last two or so seasons the offload in Wigan’s game as become like the Dodo Extinct!! I lost count of Warrington, cas , and even Toronto’s offloads against us so far this season it seems to be every other teams get out of jail card has lam banned the move altogether does he deem it too risky.😀
pearsy

Re: Where’s Wigan’s offload gone.

Post by pearsy »

I was thinking the exact same thing if the forwards got the offloads into there game French and Hastings would rack up some points.This could be a Wane thing with young fowards been taught to hit the ground and get a quick play the ball?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I was wondering that exactly myself.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

We did last match
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

To counteract the offload argument , Wigan have made more clean breaks than any other team, I believe they've also thrown most passes. The team with most offloads is sitting at the bottom of the table.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:45 pm To counteract the offload argument , Wigan have made more clean breaks than any other team, I believe they've also thrown most passes. The team with most offloads is sitting at the bottom of the table.
Good post, NSDU . . . . but you'll surely get the usual "Stats don't mean anything" responses :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Yeh but stats don’t mean anything would be my response
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Good question to ask this!

I know we are only four game in but, against Wire and Hull FC I thought the opposing forwards (especially) looked more effective regarding timing and the amount of offloads given. I think so far (especially with Bevan), we are good at punching holes and throwing the ball around more than 2019.
I actually think Jackson and Tommy are not a bad combination (for a 34 year old hooker at 6) and Harry Smith looks promising for the future!

Big concern again Hull FC for me was the amount of offloads by Hull and sometimes easy yards made as a result......tackling session wouldn't go a miss!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hull did a lot of offloads and some were very effective. Some though were not so and they went backwards and also came up with errors.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What worries me is not our offloading game but the fact that the opposition seem to do it for fun. We need to stop the wrestle whilst holding a player up and wrestle when the player is grounded.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards