Man of Steel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Man of Steel

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:50 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Not necessarily, there have been imports here who suit the English game better and i think French is one of them
I'm hoping your correct, what's concerning about French though is that some imports have come over and have been average and developed over time and some have come over to simply wind down! I'm looking at French and thinking is he a Jamie Lyon style of player (rips SL up for two seasons and walks back into the NRL), because there is no doubt the guy is good enough whatever position he plays!
Lyon was a slightly different class and thats not to demote French thats to say Lyon was world class.

I think the only thing that would put NRL teams off French is the NRL teams are much more concerned with defence than attack - Thats not to say French is poor defensively but its just saying that he would need more of that in his game to be in the NRL his attack would match most NRL players
I agree with you on both points there, funnily enough at the Hull game I was saying to the people I sit next to that when comparing Zak and Bevan at FB (on Wigan form only), I think Zak offers more in defence. Hopefully he stays long term and I think Zak has shown a great attitude playing centre!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm hoping your correct, what's concerning about French though is that some imports have come over and have been average and developed over time and some have come over to simply wind down! I'm looking at French and thinking is he a Jamie Lyon style of player (rips SL up for two seasons and walks back into the NRL), because there is no doubt the guy is good enough whatever position he plays!
Lyon was a slightly different class and thats not to demote French thats to say Lyon was world class.

I think the only thing that would put NRL teams off French is the NRL teams are much more concerned with defence than attack - Thats not to say French is poor defensively but its just saying that he would need more of that in his game to be in the NRL his attack would match most NRL players
the only reason Lyon came over here was because he got a potentially career ending injury......He was an International before his injury and played for Parramatta( i think)....... The aussies rated him highly(unlike they do with French)...... that's why they had him back at the drop of a hat....... French could easily have been picked up when he was on fire for Parra and they put him in a feeder club......... There loss imo...... hes pure class...... Just watch his NRL games/highlights, anyone unsure
he walked away from the game and Millward talked him into coming back, dont think it was injury that caused it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:19 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 pm

the only reason Lyon came over here was because he got a potentially career ending injury......He was an International before his injury and played for Parramatta( i think)....... The aussies rated him highly(unlike they do with French)...... that's why they had him back at the drop of a hat....... French could easily have been picked up when he was on fire for Parra and they put him in a feeder club......... There loss imo...... hes pure class...... Just watch his NRL games/highlights, anyone unsure
he walked away from the game and Millward talked him into coming back, dont think it was injury that caused it.
Youre right( my mistake) , i thought he got injured but he did leave uninjured
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

p'd me off the Lyon signing, only saints could sell the best centre in Britain and sign the best centre in the world