Wells & Kilner loaned to Toronto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Wells & Kilner loaned to Toronto

Post by ian.birchall »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:34 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 pm How many of our loaners have ever come back to our first team. Answers on a postcard or even possibly the stamp on the postcard.
Charnley and Sarge are the only ones i can think of
Ah yes. I had forgotten about Charley and his hat trick at Hull KR.
Cannot accept Sarginson however as he should never have come in the first place.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 pm Does anyone think that the departure of both Greenwood and Wells suggest that we may have a mid season import lined up? Just thinking hypothetically, if Isa or Faz are injured against Huddersfield, how much strength in depth do we have to cover 11 or 12 (excluding Smithies or moving Partington or Byrne)?
Thought the same thing to be honest.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 pm How many of our loaners have ever come back to our first team. Answers on a postcard or even possibly the stamp on the postcard.
Liam Farrell, Chris Tuson!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:22 pm
I'd forgot about Tuson. As I said previously, Gildart, Joel Tomkins, Marshall. So the have been quite a few.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:48 pm

I'd forgot about Tuson. As I said previously, Gildart, Joel Tomkins, Marshall. So the have been quite a few.
Darrell Goulding
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good move for both clubs - I've been impressed with Kilner this season and Wells needs to meet his potential. This is a great oportunity for them. Maybe getting them ready to cover when/if others leave :(
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Looks like the club are getting these younger players the opportunity to play first team to see if they can make the step up.
Partington and Byrne are already in the 17 for props, Havard seems to be next in line. Kilner now has the chance for first team rugby. Wells too and Smithies is now a regular in the 17.

Certainly looking good for the near, medium and long term future.
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

The booze hound wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:39 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Darrell Goulding
Feel like we may have loaned Mossop too?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:13 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 pm Does anyone think that the departure of both Greenwood and Wells suggest that we may have a mid season import lined up? Just thinking hypothetically, if Isa or Faz are injured against Huddersfield, how much strength in depth do we have to cover 11 or 12 (excluding Smithies or moving Partington or Byrne)?
i was thinking exactly the same...... i reckon we got somebody to announce very soon fingers crossed
Not sure how this works.

We must be under the cap at the moment otherwise we would be currently "under investigation" for breeches again.

Do the clubs taking the players actually pay something towards our players wages during their loan spells? Assuming they must contribute something, does this give Wigan more money to "play with" should a player become available later in the year ?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:13 pm
i was thinking exactly the same...... i reckon we got somebody to announce very soon fingers crossed
Not sure how this works.

We must be under the cap at the moment otherwise we would be currently "under investigation" for breeches again.

Do the clubs taking the players actually pay something towards our players wages during their loan spells? Assuming they must contribute something, does this give Wigan more money to "play with" should a player become available later in the year ?
short answer yes - thats my understanding they may not pay their entire wage but the clubs will agree what part of the wage they will cover
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure