Tyre Slasher Strikes Again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Yonner

Tyre Slasher Strikes Again!

Post by The Yonner »

Arrived late for the Hull match on Sunday, after being held up on the M62, so made a snap decision to drop anchor on Woodhouse Lane and leg it to the stadium, rather than spend more time heading for the official car parks - what a mistake!

Later on Sunday I have a flat tyre, which turns out to have a slash in the sidewall.

Four and a half years ago I had the same experience. That time I parked on Prescott Street, and then it was two tyres that got slashed.

I find it hard to believe that the same individual would be still indulging in his chosen pastime after four and a half years - although the fact it was only one tyre this time might suggest a certain maturation has taken place?

Anyway I was wondering if this problem has been experienced by other people - or am I just very unlucky?

Unfortunately, as a travelling fan from outside Wigan, I have another reason to make me think twice about coming to matches, as if there were't enough already.
Firestarter

Re: Tyre Slasher Strikes Again!

Post by Firestarter »

I parked on the street behind farm foods yonner( walked up the canal)...... no problems for us tyre wise....... there was quite a few cars parked there as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I am also a travelling Wigan fan, must admit I've been very fortunate so far. I dont use an official club car park and often park up side streets close to the stadium! Not surprised by Hull FC fans though, il never forget Wembley 2013, sat on the coach waiting to leave, Hull fans thought it would appropriate to start throwing glass bottles at the coach (without justification I might add)!
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Thanks for the suggestion Firestarter.

Don't think away fans are the cause of this Cheshire warrior. Maybe a crazed Latics fan?

Most likely just a dunderhead with nothing better to do.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

The Yonner wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:07 pm Thanks for the suggestion Firestarter.

Don't think away fans are the cause of this Cheshire warrior. Maybe a crazed Latics fan?

Most likely just a dunderhead with nothing better to do.
Wouldn't trust Hull FC or Latics fans :lol: Shame there's no street CCTV!
doc

Post by doc »

Happened to people after the first two home matches this season as well.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

There's very often cars broken into on Miry lane aswell,there can be quite a few on some nights.