Huddersfield v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Huddersfield v Wigan

Post by Firestarter »

Just sat in yorkshire rose....... very good performance all round....... we were average until sezar got sin binned too be honest....... played so much better when smith replaced tommy....... everybody mucked in but marshy was awesome....... i thought olis try was the best....... gota few calls off the ref today which was a breath of fresh air......... burgess was ok( missed a couple of tackles to be fair), but once fit will be an assett...... i honestly think we sre soooo much better without lockers( meds is smiling)...... possibly tommy bench next game and clarke infor clubb......
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bertina

Post by bertina »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:31 pm Was ever a sin binning so significant? We were struggling for 25 mins. What a difference it makes when we have some go-forward. Great to see George have such an impact and really chuffed for Marshall, he really seems to have pushed on this season. I know coaches often prefer four forwards on the bench but we'd have been stuck if Tommy had gone off and Harry wasn't on the bench. He had a blinder and needs game time this season as he develops his game. He doesn't have to start every game but should be used to rest Tommy (and or Sam). The only thing that surprised me with the tam selection was Clarke being dropped. How long did Clubby play? I'm sure Clarke will be in next week. Great effort lads, well done.
I agree re young Smith, he played well again when he came on. He is only going to get better.
I also agree re Tony Clubb. How he keeps getting picked completely baffles me. He offers nothing in either attack or defence.
Decent all round performance away against a team that were 3 from 3.
Roll on the better weather and dry pitches.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Burgess (G) did well, but looked shot when he came off after about 17 mins in 2nd half, suggesting there's still some improvement to come when he gets to full fitness.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Can we please try to play the rest of the season without Clubb, Lockers and Tommy. That's the best rugby we have played in 18 months. Defence was tremendous except for their try. Hastings is a massive step up from Williams. If Hankinson had been kicking we would have hit 50.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The Marshall try was special
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Post by moto748 »

They said in commentary that Waney was there. I'll bet he was delighted. Execution in attack seems to improve week on week, a great start to the season. And winnable games between now and Good Friday.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Really pleased with the win. I thought the way Hudds started the season this was a potential loss. I never like watching us v Hudds as in past seasons they were the worst for slowing things down and making the game dire spectacle. Well we can't say that was true today sticking 42 on them (and who cares if it sin bin was the turning point, do't do high tackles you won't get binned).

Very pleased for Marshall. Who'd-a-thunk not so long ago he was considered behind Davis, Manfredi and Burgess by many fans.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm The Marshall try was special
It was right out of the Henry Paul playbook :D
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:08 pm Burgess (G) did well, but looked shot when he came off after about 17 mins in 2nd half, suggesting there's still some improvement to come when he gets to full fitness.
His performance was a massive step up on the Wire game. Given that he has not played in-between I think it was a very good performance. With Clubb and Tommy not fit to return he probably played longer than he expected.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

today I thought it was defense that won the game we were awesome and the ref in the first half hammered us and we still held out