21-man squad vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Green Machine

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by Green Machine »

Surprised to see Flower straight into the team and not in reserves. I thought that was the whole idea so they can get match fit. :shock:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Any other side would have put Wigan to the sword tonight, we were rubbish and just turned up like we deserved to be given a win.

It took individual efforts to get the lead.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

All their tries came from Wigan errors or loose passes.

Average performance but a win is a win. Still letting these offloads happen.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I has to listen the game on radio today and when you listen it brings home how many penalties we give away or loose the ball. We really need to address this side of our game its been like this for years and never gets better.

The last year we were good at not giving penalties was when Maguire was coach.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:07 pm I has to listen the game on radio today and when you listen it brings home how many penalties we give away or loose the ball. We really need to address this side of our game its been like this for years and never gets better.

There was alot of wrong calls by the ref, however i wouldn't focus on that because we didn't turn up
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just want to mention Manfredis technique under the high ball towards the end. Positioned himself to be full speed attack once he had possession. Great to see
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 pm Just want to mention Manfredis technique under the high ball towards the end. Positioned himself to be full speed attack once he had possession. Great to see
True but I am concerned about his lack of pace. Hopefully, that will return with the more matches he plays.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Green Machine wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:55 am Surprised to see Flower straight into the team and not in reserves. I thought that was the whole idea so they can get match fit. :shock:
He is fitter than both Burgess and Clubb.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Flower put in a good stint today and was everywhere when needed and on.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:I has to listen the game on radio today and when you listen it brings home how many penalties we give away or loose the ball. We really need to address this side of our game its been like this for years and never gets better.

Not long back from the game and the ref was awful. One penalty in particular was baffling. One of their players who hadn’t got the ball ran diagonally from left to right and ran into a Wigan player.

He was nowhere near the ball but the ref blew for a penalty.

I have been frustrated to see Wigan give away stupid penalties but today several were of the “what was that for?” variety.

The ref turned the game into a dour spectacle in my opinion. HKR we sometimes a good 5m offside so we struggled to get any moves on a lot of the time. That said we were also our own worst enemy at times with sloppy play from TL and Powell leading to interception tries. That was more of a concern for me than the penalties. Even so the number of penalties didn’t help the game flow so all in all two points but one to forget.