21-man squad vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam named Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Hull Kingston Rovers in the Betfred Super League.

Two changes from last week as Joe Burgess and Ben Flower come in for Jake Shorrocks and Tony Clubb
Wigan Warriors vs Hull KR, Sunday 8th March, DW Stadium, K.O. 3pm

Adrian Lam has named a Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Hull Kingston Rovers this Sunday (8th March) at the DW Stadium, K.O. 3pm.

The Cherry & Whites take on Tony Smith’s men who will arrive at the DW Stadium with just one win in their opening five fixtures.

Speaking earlier this week, Lam discussed the proposition of taking on the Robins.

“We’ve had some of our toughest challenges against KR, like the away game last year and we won by a field goal.

“We understand they are not doing too well at the moment but I’m sure they will be revved up again this weekend and come here to prove a point.

“This week is about us really, trying not to get complacent, to be consistent not just in these first five weeks but for the full season.”

Team News

Forward Tony Clubb is not risked after picking up a shoulder knock against Huddersfield last week and drops out of the squad.

Prop-forward Ben Flower returns after a number of injury niggles that have kept him away from first team action in 2020 so far. He is named in the 21.

Earlier this week the Head Coach provided another update on skipper Sean O’Loughlin’s eye injury sustained vs Toronto in Round 3.

“Sean O’Loughlin is still up to four weeks out. It’s an injury that you can’t train with due to the blood pressure and how that involves the eye. We are in no rush to rush him back.”

Lam did give the all clear on Wigan’s number seven Tommy Leuluai who left the field of play for a concussion assessment vs Huddersfield last weekend.

“Tommy Leuluai went off with a HIA (Head Injury Assessment) but he’s been passed with that so he’s back in for recovery.”

The Head Coach has also given a timeline for return for centre Oliver Gildart, who continues to recover from a dislocated shoulder.

“The other one is Oliver Gildart, which will probably be mid April.”

21-man squad to face Hull KR

1 Zak Hardaker

2 Liam Marshall

3 Chris Hankinson

5 Joe Burgess

6 Bevan French

7 Tommy Leuluai

9 Sam Powell

10 George Burgess

11 Willie Isa

12 Liam Farrell

14 Ben Flower

16 Morgan Smithies

17 Ollie Partington

19 Joe Bullock

20 Liam Byrne

21 Dom Manfredi

22 Mitch Clark

23 Jake Bibby

28 Harry Smith

30 Ethan Havard

31 Jackson Hastings

Next up for Wigan is a home tie with Hull Kingston Rovers on Sunday 8th March at the DW Stadium. Ticket info HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... vs-hull-kr
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Ten minute Tony isn’t in the squad! 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Why is Joe B back in is there a slight injury to Marshall or Dom?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just looking at KRs squad for sunday...... is that Mudoti the ex bradford kid who everyone was praising on here last season???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:12 pm Just looking at KRs squad for sunday...... is that Mudoti the ex bradford kid who everyone was praising on here last season???
Yes, it's Anesu Mudoti. He's just turned 19 - I'd imagine he won't make the 17 this time but must be impressing Tony Smith the be in the 21-man squad. He's played 2 or 3 reserve games since moving from Bradford.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:12 pm Just looking at KRs squad for sunday...... is that Mudoti the ex bradford kid who everyone was praising on here last season???
Yes, it's Anesu Mudoti. He's just turned 19 - I'd imagine he won't make the 17 this time but must be impressing Tony Smith the be in the 21-man squad. He's played 2 or 3 reserve games since moving from Bradford.
cheers morley ill keep my eye on him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With Clubb not in the squad and Flower included it will be interesting who starts the game along with Partington.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Good question! I imagine with Burgess being a certainty (assuming after the Huddersfield game) we have Partington, Bullock, Flower, Byrne & Havard to rotate nd I’m assuming he will do in the front row...

Any guesses? I’m going for Burgess Flower Harvard & Partington as the props...
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm Ten minute Tony isn’t in the squad! 😊
Josie that is naughty.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:57 pm Good question! I imagine with Burgess being a certainty (assuming after the Huddersfield game) we have Partington, Bullock, Flower, Byrne & Havard to rotate nd I’m assuming he will do in the front row...

Any guesses? I’m going for Burgess Flower Harvard & Partington as the props...
I think Lam will select five props as they need some game time and this is the ideal match to give them a run out. For me Havard, Clark and Flower would to have a gig, so I am giving Bullock a week off.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards