21-man squad vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: 21-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Did anyone get a good look at the tackle for which Flower was put on report?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What was wrong with Smithies?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:36 pm Spot on with the props and giving Harry more game time...

One point I maybe miss read was why was Bibby constantly flying out in defence? Marshall shone last week with Hank inside but he appeared to struggle more today alongside Bibby.
Another point I'd make, is why was bibby even playing, what is Lam doing to Hank?
He had a good game (1st this season) at H'field then dropped out???

I find it really strange with the team selection after last weeks performance, if he is talking about rotation of players I'm confused, why is Hankinson not getting a fair crack?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jackthelad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:36 pm Spot on with the props and giving Harry more game time...

One point I maybe miss read was why was Bibby constantly flying out in defence? Marshall shone last week with Hank inside but he appeared to struggle more today alongside Bibby.
Another point I'd make, is why was bibby even playing, what is Lam doing to Hank?

I find it really strange with the team selection after last weeks performance, if he is talking about rotation of players I'm confused, why is Hankinson not getting a fair crack?
Because Lam didnt drop bibby last week, he had a bereavement.

Hankinson and bibby are like picking between a green and red grape.... both are solid Centres one has pace the other can kick.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hankinson played well v Huddersfield, Bibby was terrible against HKR.
Surely Lam will select Hankinson for the Salford game.
Same could be said for Tommy, poor game yesterday and hooked after kicking out on the full being replaced by Smith who was excellent. The respective kicking games between TL and Smith is like night and day!
Again, will Lam select Smith to start over TL?
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

2 match penalty notice for Flower

Interestingly, Sam Tomkins has also picked up a 2 week ban - I'm assuming that means he won't be playing against us on the 22nd?
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:46 pm Did anyone get a good look at the tackle for which Flower was put on report?
He came in late from the side and very low with quite a bit of force.
It didn't look good from where we were sat.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:07 am Hankinson played well v Huddersfield, Bibby was terrible against HKR.
Surely Lam will select Hankinson for the Salford game.
Same could be said for Tommy, poor game yesterday and hooked after kicking out on the full being replaced by Smith who was excellent. The respective kicking games between TL and Smith is like night and day!
Again, will Lam select Smith to start over TL?
tommys kicking is atrocious at times..... his passing isnt brilliant either...... smith needs to start now for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 pm
jackthelad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:44 pm

Because Lam didnt drop bibby last week, he had a bereavement.

Hankinson and bibby are like picking between a green and red grape.... both are solid Centres one has pace the other can kick.

The question for me is why did the club give Hankinson the no 3 shirt?

He did well in the majority of his limited appearances last year maybe the no 3 is justified as well as a new contract

Yet for some reason Lam isnt giving Hank the much needed game time, yet he is rotating or resting others, Just find it strange as to what is going on

Can only assume that Hastings is having an influence when it comes to having Bibby outside him maybe?