Leeds Rhinos Reserves v Wigan Warriors Reserves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Leeds Rhinos Reserves v Wigan Warriors Reserves

Post by josie andrews »

FULL TIME| The visitors come away with the win as they edge the Rhinos 18-22 here in Stanningley

https://twitter.com/leedsrhinos/status/ ... 95617?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leeds Rhinos Reserves v Wigan Warriors Reserves

Post by josie andrews »

Reserves: Leeds 18-22 Wigan

Match report as Wigan Warriors reserves beat Leeds Rhinos reserves at Stanningley RLFC on Saturday.

Four tries sees Darrell Goulding’s side pick up their third win of the 2020 Reserves Championship season.
Sam Halsall, Mitch Clark, Joe Burgess and Umyla Hanley with Wigan’s tries.

Wigan Warriors returned to winning ways in the Reserves Championship on Saturday after overcoming Leeds Rhinos 18-22 at Stanningley RLFC.

Four tries from Darrell Goulding’s side saw the Warriors pick up their third win out of four in 2020 so far.

Leeds opened the scoring with a Liam Tindall try and the hosts soon doubled their lead with Tindall getting his second to make it 8-0.

Wigan responded as Sam Halsall crossed over the line with Morgan Escare adding the conversion to cut the gap to two points.

Kyle Evans extended Leeds’ lead with a Jack Broadbent goal to add to it, but just before the break Mitch Clark touched down for Wigan’s second try, which was converted by Escare to make it 14-12 at half time.

The visitors took the lead for the first time in the game after Joe Burgess scored, but the Rhinos reacted with Evans getting his second to put them 18-16 ahead.

However, an Umyla Hanley try and Escare conversion won the game for Wigan late on and Goulding’s side went home with the two points.

Wigan Reserves: Morgan Escare, Joe Burgess, Sam Halsall, Umyla Hanley, Ben Holcroft, Jake Shorrocks, James Barran, Joe Bullock, Aiden Roden, Oscar Stone, James McDonnell, Max Roberts, Harry Rushton.

Interchanges: Amir Bourouh, Mitch Clark, Jack Bibby, Cian Tyrer.

Tries: Halsall, Clark, Burgess, Hanley

Goals: Escare 3/4

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... 8-22-wigan
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Did greenwood play for leeds?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A couple of questions for those who went to the reserves match today - I assume Umyla Hanley was playing at centre so that Morgan could play at fullback so is his best position likely to be fullback or elsewhere in the backline? Also, I know he's still very young but is it likely he'll be ready for a game in the first team this season?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Looks like Joe Burgess, Mitch Clark and Joe Bullock played so that rules them out v HKR.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:14 pm Did greenwood play for leeds?
No!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:27 pm A couple of questions for those who went to the reserves match today - I assume Umyla Hanley was playing at centre so that Morgan could play at fullback so is his best position likely to be fullback or elsewhere in the backline? Also, I know he's still very young but is it likely he'll be ready for a game in the first team this season?
I shouldn’t think so.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Cheers Josie, best not to rush him, especially given the high expectation he's likely to experience.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:32 pm Looks like Joe Burgess, Mitch Clark and Joe Bullock played so that rules them out v HKR.
So Clarke and Bullock are going well... so we decide to drop them for a game and disrespect KR 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.