Dom Manfredi treating every Wigan Warriors game as if it's his last

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Dom Manfredi treating every Wigan Warriors game as if it's his last

Post by josie andrews »

Dom Manfredi has vowed to play every game as if it is his last as he looks to build on his strong return to action.

The winger is set to face Hull KR at the DW Stadium tomorrow – his third successive match since returning from another long injury lay-off. Manfredi has had three serious knee injuries since 2016 and he admits his bad luck has made him to reconsider the way he approaches each match.

“I treat every one like it’s the last game I’m going to play,” said Manfredi, this week included in a provisional England squad for the Ashes series. “That’s what I’m going to do every week now, because I know how easily it can be taken away.

“At the minute I’m playing every game like it’s my last, I’m not looking beyond that. But I feel like I’m getting there and I’m picking up new things, I feel like my timing and fitness are getting better.”

Manfredi says Wigan’s strong start – they have won four from five – has strengthened his belief they are capable of “something special” this season. They can go level on points with leaders Leeds if they beat lowly Hull KR.

“ It’s a big attitude week for us,” said Manfredi. “They are struggling and we have to go into it with the right individual because they have individuals who can burn you.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... st-2440939
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan