Where I want to be: Havard

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Where I want to be: Havard

Post by josie andrews »

Ethan Havard reflects on Wigan Warriors’ 30-16 victory over Hull KR at the DW Stadium.

The young prop wants to build on his performance against Rovers and keep his place in Adrian Lam’s side.
FULL TIME: Wigan Warriors 30-16 Hull KR.

Ethan Havard has set his sights on a regular first team spot following Wigan Warriors’ 30-16 victory over Hull KR.

The young prop featured off the bench for Adrian Lam’s side in the win against Rovers at the DW Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

“I’m happy to be back in the team,” he states. “I just tried to put my best performance in because I want to keep my position. This is where I want to be and where I want to stay, it’s my hometown club so I want to be playing week in week out.”

The 19-year-old was pleased by how the Warriors got the victory in the game against Tony Smith’s side.

“I’m happy with the two points, it was attitude that got us the win because we were relentless and didn’t give in, even though some things weren’t going our way.”

The prop had praise for the key members of the Warriors squad and admits playing alongside players he grew up watching is something that is helping him.

“Players like these are the best in league and can produce moments of magic that can turn a game on its head. I have watched the likes of Tommy (Leuluai) and Lockers (Sean O’Loughlin) since I was five, so it’s really inspiring to be playing with your idols.”

Heading into Friday’s game against Salford Red Devils (kick off 19:45) at the AJ Bell Stadium, Havard says preparation will be the same again.

“We will have another hard week of training, and we will just focus on ourselves.”

Next up for the Warriors is an away trip to the AJ Bell Stadium to take on Salford Red Devils on Friday 13th March, kick-off 7:45pm. Book tickets and travel by clicking HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... -be-havard
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Re: Where I want to be: Havard

Post by lucky 13 »

Need to get the lad on a longer deal. Hits hard in D big and athletic. Along with Byrne, Bullock and Burgess gives us real size0, Kilner and Wells also fit that mode.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

No coincidence when reports are abound that Melbourne are interested in him the club puts this out from Havard with the phrase "I'm where I want to be". Suggests that he's not going anywhere.
We might have to wait for an "Announcement" of a deal keeping him here but that's a good sign from the club and Ethan himself.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Both Havard & Byrne have a good presence on the pitch and hope the club ties them up on long deals
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

They’re still babies when it comes to experience. The model Wigan have is if there is a fee incoming IL will bite and have an option to return in x amount of years.

Our young crop: smithies, Partington, Byrne, Havard, Smith would benefit having 3 or 4 years with us getting to those finals and big games, even experiencing lean times. Age is on their, and our side. But as stated... IL will bite if the price is right.

We still have another good crop in the reserves coming through already!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame