Wells and Kilner?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Wells and Kilner?

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen Toronto's squad for tomorrow and neither of our lads are included in their 19. Is this to avoid them being cup tied? I think now they'll only have one more chance before their month's loan is up. Jack seems to be doing well and it will be interesting to see if we bring him straight back into our squad. I hope Ben gets a game next week and/or they decide to keep him for longer (so long as he actually plays).
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Wells and Kilner?

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Considering Wells scored a try and then promptly dropped the ball do you seriously think that "form"
warrants including in any of our squads ahead of those already in?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

We are short of cover in the back row at the moment - let’s hope faz n isa stay injury free!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Gerrumonside wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:04 pm We are short of cover in the back row at the moment - let’s hope faz n isa stay injury free!
Well why get rid of Greenwood then if we are so "short"?

We have options for back row and we have already seen Flower and Clubb playing lock. Sam Powell even moved there last Sunday so I am not so sure we will be rushing him into the squad because one or two fans of his think we are desperate for him
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:29 pm
Gerrumonside wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:04 pm We are short of cover in the back row at the moment - let’s hope faz n isa stay injury free!

We have options for back row and we have already seen Flower and Clubb playing lock. Sam Powell even moved there last Sunday so I am not so sure we will be rushing him into the squad because one or two fans of his think we are desperate for him
Because he's not playing well at the moment? Maybe he's in a Mossop situation where he's lost all his confidence and needs a fresh start? Look a bit like that from the outside.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I like Wells who's been so unlucky with injury. It can't be easy coming on in a well beaten team and trying to impress. Kilner looks another no nonsense forward with natural size and aggression.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Because he's not playing well at the moment? Maybe he's in a Mossop situation where he's lost all his confidence and needs a fresh start? Look a bit like that from the outside.
It is the coaches job to get "the best" from the players. Not ship them out because we have two left sided back rowers and cannot find the space for them both
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:42 pm

It is the coaches job to get "the best" from the players. Not ship them out because we have two left sided back rowers and cannot find the space for them both
What if "the best" possible right now is not SL standard? Seems like Leeds are in the same mindset once he's been in their squad.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:42 pm

What if "the best" possible right now is not SL standard? Seems like Leeds are in the same mindset once he's been in their squad.
Apart from Lam what coach in their right mind changes a winning team for the sake of it?

If the signing was made to encourage his forwards to play better as there is now competition for places then we can say that it has worked. Yes/no??!!
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

Why are you being so pointlessly aggressive?

Anyway, hope to see Wells back at least. Could be good in the back row.