Is it time to pause Super League?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Super League pause for COvid-19?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 19

DaveO

Re: Is it time to pause Super League?

Post by DaveO »

The company I work for has already taken several measures.

One office is closed for a deep clean as its in a shared building and two employees of another company in there tested positive and there are common areas.

All client events have been cancelled (sales exhibitions etc).
All client visits to the offices banned.
All visits to client offices banned unless it's to deal with an issue with any of the software we sell.
No one is allowed to go an a training course
All meetings must be done electronically

There are other measures including working from home for those who can (I do so full time anyway).

Some of out clients have taken similar measures. I know one organisation has sent what they consider key infrastructure personnel home to work.

These measures can only reduce the risk though because I know one bloke at the organisation I mention above has young daughters who are still at schools he could catch it via them. My wife works at a nursery school so the same applies to me (be interesting to find out how many came in today since nursery school attendance is not compulsory anyway).

As the UK is not in lock down if such measures as these and stopping RL for a while reduce the risk of us needing to go into lock down, I'll take it.

I also think you can forget about RL restarting in April. There is no exit strategy from all these measures without a vaccine. If you stop the restrictions without one, the cases will just increase again.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:53 pm I take it you have locked yourself away then for the foreseeable future, given that your scenario could fit with every day life
Fraid so - its sort of enforced over here right now. Everything is closed. Plus i Had a sore throat for a bit so I have to self-isolate for 2 weeks!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:53 pm I take it you have locked yourself away then for the foreseeable future, given that your scenario could fit with every day life
Fraid so - its sort of enforced over here right now. Everything is closed. Plus i Had a sore throat for a bit so I have to self-isolate for 2 weeks!
I thought that it was a constant cough or a fever which were the critical factors, are you being told something different Mike?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 pm
I thought that it was a constant cough or a fever which were the critical factors, are you being told something different Mike?
Any symptoms including sore throat = self isolation, cough, fever, sore throat are the three main ones. Sore throat is present in about 15% of cases (that are confirmed). Could be way higher in people who get it mildly but spread it around, because its not enough to go to the doctor about.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐