Postponed until April?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Postponed until April?

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 am It can’t be helped IMO. I won’t be demanding a refund on my ST or my Wakefield ticket already purchased 😊
I'm of the same mind Josie but I'm sure other people will think differently and I've no problem with that.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Fujiman wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:26 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 am It can’t be helped IMO. I won’t be demanding a refund on my ST or my Wakefield ticket already purchased 😊
I'm of the same mind Josie but I'm sure other people will think differently and I've no problem with that.
I wont be asking for a refund but some people laid off through the virus no doubt that they will ask for a refund.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

With all the postponed sport will sky reduce the high prices they charge for there service I think not just a excuse for more re-runs
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

pearsy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 am With all the postponed sport will sky reduce the high prices they charge for there service I think not just a excuse for more re-runs
You can pause your sports subscription with no penalty. However you have to ring them to do it!.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fujiman wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am
pearsy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 am With all the postponed sport will sky reduce the high prices they charge for there service I think not just a excuse for more re-runs
You can pause your sports subscription with no penalty. However you have to ring them to do it!.
You can now do it on line.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sorry!!!! There is no such thing as "free" money

If you go to the shops and buy two steaks then walk out and realise that one is missing and was obviously missed at the bagging area, do you just say well that is just bad luck and the store is welcome to the money? Of course you bloody well don't. You never do! Do you pay for holidays abroad that you have no intention of going on??

So why all this "I wont ask for my season ticket money back" bullshit? It's not like the season was nearly over, it wasn't even half!!!! If clubs go bankrupt (and that includes Wigan) because of this, then why should I lose my house just because you feel you have some sort of "moral duty" to somehow feel sorry for any sporting venture.

Tough titty for Wigan and the rest of the clubs I'm afraid. There is NO moral obligation to prop these up at the expense of all else
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I do hope that when the RFL/SL inform us what they intend doing to progress the sport they will replicate the soccer people who today said they intend completing the season's fixtures to maintain the integrity of the competitions.

How they do that will be up for discussion from 4th April onwards. Involving stakeholders like season ticket holders, sponsors etc.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Sorry!!!! There is no such thing as "free" money

If you go to the shops and buy two steaks then walk out and realise that one is missing and was obviously missed at the bagging area, do you just say well that is just bad luck and the store is welcome to the money? Of course you bloody well don't. You never do! Do you pay for holidays abroad that you have no intention of going on??

So why all this "I wont ask for my season ticket money back" bullshit? It's not like the season was nearly over, it wasn't even half!!!! If clubs go bankrupt (and that includes Wigan) because of this, then why should I lose my house just because you feel you have some sort of "moral duty" to somehow feel sorry for any sporting venture.

Tough titty for Wigan and the rest of the clubs I'm afraid. There is NO moral obligation to prop these up at the expense of all else
It’s nothing like forgetting your steak at the butchers. He can obviously fulfil his obligations to give you the steak and neither party is losing out if you demand it. RL clubs are being prevented from fulfilling their obligations.

The holiday analogy doesn’t stack up either. If you can’t go due some unforeseen event then it’s up to you to have taken out insurance. If the tour company cancels the Holliday yes you ought to get a refund - if they have not gone bust then if they have you can sing for it unless you have insurance again.

In any case I don’t think people are feeling “sorry” for sporting ventures but rather they feel if they don’t demand their money back it might help clubs stay afloat and as they value their club, they will take the one off hit if this helps.

We all know in RL’s case no club is funded like Man City or Man Utd in soccer who can weather the financial storm a still pay wages. Nor are owner’s like IL as rich as the likes of Branson.

So if some fans who can afford it want to do donate their season ticket money that what’s the problem?

There will of course be some who can afford it who will demand their money back and will then whinge like mad if the club goes bust. Or if it doesn’t will feel rather smug. So if the club needs to keep the season ticket money then it could offer incentives to those that can help. No price increases for five years, exclusives like invites to dinners with players. Seat upgrades. Things like that. The stingy can go to the back of the queue.

And let’s face it, for those who are season ticket holders who purchased out right that money has been budgeted for already. It’s gone. It’s bad luck the games are off but if the choice is between a pro-rata refund or the survival of the club, I think a lot will write this off.
Flash

Post by Flash »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:55 pm Sorry!!!! There is no such thing as "free" money

Just for clarity, how would you lose your house if I decide not to claim a refund?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Flash wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 am
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sorry!!!! There is no such thing as "free" money

Just for clarity, how would you lose your house if I decide not to claim a refund?
Workers are being asked to take pay "freezes" as work dries up across entire sectors. Obviously the first thing anyone does it cut the outgoings. If you have paid for something that you will no longer receive then obviously that would be one of them - yes or no? Who in their right mind continues to pay for SKY sports when there is no sport are do you continue to give your money because you somehow feel obliged to do so?

RL is unfortunate in that unlike soccer or union, the season had just started and not nearer the conclusion. Much harder to feel you didn't somehow get what you paid for with a handful of fixtures left to complete as opposed to the current RL scenario

DaveO I will respond to later as it is obvious he is being deliberately obtuse (again)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: