Is everyone ok?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Is everyone ok?

Post by ancientnloyal »

How are we all doing?

If anyone needs any help or whatever or however silly it May sound use this forum as another tool to reach out.

👍
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Re: Is everyone ok?

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 pm How are we all doing?

If anyone needs any help or whatever or however silly it May sound use this forum as another tool to reach out.

👍
😊 x
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

If anyone has 2 spare seats on a plane from Portugal let us know :D

Jet2 left us stranded. They emailed on Wednesday to say our flight home was cancelled, they'd refund money, and we should check online for remaining flights.

We checked within less than half an hour of time they sent email. All flights to Leeds were full. The best we could do was a flight to Birmingham arriving after 9pm.

Fortunately, we found an easyJet flight to Manchester for next Thursday morning, leaving a straightforward (!) train journey home.

No thanks to Jet2 though. "Duty of care" seems to be missing from their customer service manual.

Sorry A&L, we'll miss the Catalans game. :lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Where I live in Gwynedd we have no cases apart from the 2 people in the hospital from Anglesey. Yet people are panic buying at a ridiculous rate. Even the Tesco is now hiring people for up to 12 weeks. Its pandemonium of the highest quality.

Went to Tesco on Wednesday to get some cakes for a staff member who's holiday she had too cancel due to being allowed to fly but stay in your hotel room in quarantine for 2 weeks. Then self isolate at home for 2 weeks. She was only going for 10. She lost here money. Felt bad as mine got changed to next year to Florida.

As I was standing waiting for the self serve I said to a staff member (I used to work in the shop) Well it now so bad I am panic buying cakes just as people are panic buying everything else they get their hands on. Well you could see at least 10 people's head just turn in shame.

There is plenty of food depots are not running out shops are as the wagons are not big enough or they do not have the drivers to get it in.

Churchill is turning in his grave - Hitler is thinking dam why was i not born 100 years later as he is burning in hell.
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 am If anyone has 2 spare seats on a plane from Portugal let us know :D

Jet2 left us stranded. They emailed on Wednesday to say our flight home was cancelled, they'd refund money, and we should check online for remaining flights.

We checked within less than half an hour of time they sent email. All flights to Leeds were full. The best we could do was a flight to Birmingham arriving after 9pm.

Fortunately, we found an easyJet flight to Manchester for next Thursday morning, leaving a straightforward (!) train journey home.

No thanks to Jet2 though. "Duty of care" seems to be missing from their customer service manual.

No doubt you've looked into it Morley but doesn't Jet2 have some sort of legal duty to bring you back?

We've only just returned from the Canaries and although communication from Jet2 was rank, they flew empty planes out from England to pick us up.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jobo wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:04 am
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 am If anyone has 2 spare seats on a plane from Portugal let us know :D

No doubt you've looked into it Morley but doesn't Jet2 have some sort of legal duty to bring you back?

We've only just returned from the Canaries and although communication from Jet2 was rank, they flew empty planes out from England to pick us up.
I've not checked terms & conditions or legal position, Jobo, but feel badly let down by Jet2. I suppose they could argue there were flights to Birmingham, but we'd still be left to our own devices to get home from there late evening.

Tbh, our overriding concern was just to get a flight home, and easyJet came up trumps. Their flights were only €49.50 (about £45 each), so no profiteering.

Needless to say, we'll think twice about using Jet2 in future and I'd advise anyone else to do the same. A bit of bad publicity might make them think about how customers feel in this situation. Mrs Morley was close to panic and woke up in middle of night in floods of tears.

I'd welcome Jet2 seeing this and taking me to court for defamation or whatever. The headlines would do them a world of (no) good :evil:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Hope you and your family get home safe and sound as soon as morley
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

All fine here. As most people on here probably know I work from home so life has seen little change for me - so far. Already set up to do so and have been enjoying be able to swear at the computer etc when the need arises for some time.

Alas my peace is due to be shattered as my wife's nursery school closes today. :shock:

Mind you none of them know what that really means given the complete farce of zero guidance they are getting of Boris and his mates about staying open for key workers kids. Or how they are going to staff it with one member of staff off due to being pregnant and another self isolating as her husband is in the at-risk category.

The local residents group has set up a community help group to go and shop / deliver stuff for those stuck in and the elderly so I have volunteered to do that though the logistics is proving a bit difficult with the way others are behaving.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Good Luck Morley, hope all goes wel and you stay safe
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The thing is, as stated, there is no shortage of food or supplies... the initial issue is this panic buying that empties shelves. It takes time to restock so hopefully it should settle back down in the next week and it’ll be “as normal” unless we go to lockdown.

I’ve offered my services on social media where I live as I am on annual leave this week but no takers. I’ll still be available when I’m not working or schooling my kids on my days off.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame