Is everyone ok?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Is everyone ok?

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:13 pm The thing is, as stated, there is no shortage of food or supplies... the initial issue is this panic buying that empties shelves. It takes time to restock so hopefully it should settle back down in the next week and it’ll be “as normal” unless we go to lockdown.

I’ve offered my services on social media where I live as I am on annual leave this week but no takers. I’ll still be available when I’m not working or schooling my kids on my days off.
That’s very kind of you. My neighbour picked some things up for me. I’ve even had an offer of help shopping from a players mum which is exceptionally kind of her 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We're ok and ours are too, so far.
Our next door but one neighbour just lost her husband, she's well. She needed milk and there hasn't been any in our supermarkets and smaller stores but I just manged to get her some in our newsagents.
Lots of shelves are empty in all supermarkets.

We are positive and hopeful as the people from Wuhan came to our local hospital, Arrowe Park, and they all went home ok. One doctor got the virus but he'd just returned from India. We thought there might be fal,l lout from the Wuhan lot but there wasn't.

Social distancing will become a problem for all of us. Ok taking the dog out, plenty room everywhere. Beautiful on the sea front with the tide well out. Clear blue sky, blue sea and a mile of sand. Comparing that to last week with the grey sea and three rough high tides which have taken chunks out of the prom.

Some near us will need a bit of help and they'll get it.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

old hooker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:59 am If anyone has 2 spare seats on a plane from Portugal let us know :D

Jet2 left us stranded. They emailed on Wednesday to say our flight home was cancelled, they'd refund money, and we should check online for remaining flights.

We checked within less than half an hour of time they sent email. All flights to Leeds were full. The best we could do was a flight to Birmingham arriving after 9pm.

Fortunately, we found an easyJet flight to Manchester for next Thursday morning, leaving a straightforward (!) train journey home.

No thanks to Jet2 though. "Duty of care" seems to be missing from their customer service manual.

Sorry A&L, we'll miss the Catalans game. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Luck Morley, hope all goes wel and you stay safe
Thanks, Old Hooker - and Wall of Voodoo too.

I was letting off steam about Jet2, but we're fine here. There are only 31 confirmed cases in the whole of the Algarve, so we're probably less at risk than most people in UK.

Bars & restaurants are closed but we've walked about 4 miles this morning, and got a takeaway coffee which we sat and drank at a table outside a closed down restaurant...in the sun.

It's good to see how people come together at times like this. Perhaps, strangely, an antidote to Brexit? Shopkeepers and hotel staff have been brilliant.

When we get home, we'll be scouring the shops for ourselves and a couple of neighbours. We live in a bungalow and 3 close neighbours are over 80, one is close to 90. They keep an eye on our house and put bins put when we're away, so it's a chance to repay them. Social distancing but social bonding too?

Thanks again for your good wishes.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

All good in Auld Reekie . Plenty people about . With the pubs closed the hoarders have switched from bog rolls to booze Lidl and Sainsbury's stripped bare ( well it is Scotland lol ). Off to Costa Rica at the end of April (TUI saying it's still a goer so far) missing the game in Toronto because of it . Somehow think I will be missing out on both. Stay safe people can wait till we get the Wigan show on the road again . See ya all.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’ve noticed the booze is empty in supermarkets! I’m not a drinker but sometimes you need one... it may just be a case of priorities

Again, if anyone is in a position to help please do.

I can’t wait for the first hit and tackle on our first game back, nor too can the players!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
bertina

Post by bertina »

Good to hear everyone in good spirits amidst all this pandemonium.
Stay safe everybody, we’ll soon have some rugby to moan about instead of a poxy virus.😞😞🏉🏉🏉
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Iam ok less scam phone calls now India on lock down
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:13 pm The thing is, as stated, there is no shortage of food or supplies... the initial issue is this panic buying that empties shelves. It takes time to restock so hopefully it should settle back down in the next week and it’ll be “as normal” unless we go to lockdown.

I’ve offered my services on social media where I live as I am on annual leave this week but no takers. I’ll still be available when I’m not working or schooling my kids on my days off.
That’s very kind of you. My neighbour picked some things up for me. I’ve even had an offer of help shopping from a players mum which is exceptionally kind of her 😊
has Lockers not volunteered Josie? :roll:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

We got home yesterday. Got into Gatwick Saturday on one of last easyJet flights.

Relief to be home after 4 flight cancellations; sad we can't see kids & grandkids except from the end of their front gardens as they look through the window; and, having been shopping today, we feel much less safe here than we did in Portugal.

The question is not "When do we get back to normal?" but "What will the new normal look like?"
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

"Cheer up" they said "things could get worse."
So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐