Choices Through Challenges”

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Choices Through Challenges”

Post by josie andrews »

A message from Glen - our Club Chaplain.

Boy, I really miss Brexit! Somehow, life seemed easier back then.

These are unprecedented times and, naturally, there is fear and panic around. I am making a call for us to be different and use this crisis to enhance our lives.

We all face choices and I want to encourage you to be different in the choices that you make. Make good ones. Choices that you will be able to look back upon and be proud of. Here goes…

Choose to stay together

This is a time of great strain on families, particularly those who are working from home with children off school. Be aware that you could be under additional pressure. Make a choice to be more tolerant of others and be the first to say, ‘sorry’ and forgive. The first to apologise is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. It’s important that we unite and pull together.

Choose to make contact

Stay in touch with the elderly within your family and in your neighbourhood; particularly those who are now isolated. A regular phone call can be a lifeline. Maybe offer to shop. Encourage and support your family and friends, particularly those who you know are struggling. Be an encourager and a positive influence. This crisis will end! Maybe there is a family member that you were once close to, but you had a difference and now you don’t speak. Be brave and pick up the phone! Ask how they are doing?

Do you know any “Key Workers” (people who support us, NHS workers and emergency services etc.) who are working long hours? Why not send an encouraging text? It makes a difference to their lives.

Choose to be kind and considerate to others.

There are no loo rolls anywhere. A friend of mine commented that this virus causes a “runny nose and not a runny bottom”! Think and act with others in mind. Be mindful when you shop. Don’t buy more than you currently need. Panic buying is putting the elderly and “Key Workers” at risk. We must value these people. Choose to “Keep calm and shop normally”, there is plenty to go around. Apart from that, who can you think of that would appreciate an act of kindness. Go for it! Choose to be sensible and safe. Follow the recommended government public health advice with respect to washing, gathering etc. It’s important that you and those around you remain healthy.

Choose to pray.

Well, as club Chaplain you would expect me to say that, but seriously try praying. I know the value of prayer. I serve a God who is neither aloof nor indifferent to our suffering. As we approach Easter, we are reminded that Christians believe God took on human form and suffered and died on a Roman cross, in order to pay the price for your sins and mine. Amazing! I believe that, because of what Jesus did, we can approach God and receive forgiveness and a peace that passes understanding. The God that I believe in understands suffering and promises to draw close to those who seek Him.

Choose to continue supporting the Warriors.

The Club really appreciate the support that you give to us. Thank you.

The bad news is that my wife wants to introduce me to gardening. I hate gardening!

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... challenges
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Choices Through Challenges”

Post by Mike »

Uh-oh. The chaplin mentioned the B word. Banned for two weeks! :D

We have a club Chaplin? Not sure how I feel about that. Is he C of E or the other lot? Either is just as bad!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Re: Choices Through Challenges”

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ok apart from the prayers bit
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame