Jackson Hastings talks about possible NRL future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Jackson Hastings talks about possible NRL future

Post by Dan2266 »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude, commitment or passion.

He loves rugby league and that's the bottom line.

of course he wants to play in the NRL it is his home country & the pinnacle of the sport. not one single person on here said anything when George Williams was flirting with the NRL and holding the club to ransom. demanding Marquee wages from his hometown club or else he was leaving.

Jackson has proved he is a loyal guy, everyone knows he has a clause in his contract, so when asked about it would you rather he lied or said it how it is?

Until he gives us a reason to question his commitment or effort then I think we need to give the kid a break, especially with all that's going on in the world right now.

and especially those idiots giving him abuse online.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Dan2266 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm There is absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude, commitment or passion.

of course he wants to play in the NRL it is his home country & the pinnacle of the sport. not one single person on here said anything when George Williams was flirting with the NRL and holding the club to ransom. demanding Marquee wages from his hometown club or else he was leaving.

Jackson has proved he is a loyal guy, everyone knows he has a clause in his contract, so when asked about it would you rather he lied or said it how it is?

Until he gives us a reason to question his commitment or effort then I think we need to give the kid a break, especially with all that's going on in the world right now.

Well said πŸ‘πŸ‘
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm
Dan2266 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm There is absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude, commitment or passion.

Well said πŸ‘πŸ‘
Agree plus one πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Premium

Post by Premium »

We will see if your undoubted support for him manifests itself in the long term
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm
jobo wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Well said πŸ‘πŸ‘
Agree plus one πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Count me in πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The only loyalty he has shown is towards Salford so far
Turning down an offer from an NRL club to stay at Wigan is loyalty
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Premium wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:35 pm We will see if your undoubted support for him manifests itself in the long term
Blimey, how much commitment do you require of him ?
a) not missed a match
b) starring at HB with a mixture of partners
c) key pivot making serious moves for others, eg Faz, French
d) all the above, in a position not greatly helped by having a powerful pack behind him
e) challenging up at the top for Man of Steel

And put the other way round, if you got a job in Australia, how much "long term" would you give it, without thoughts of coming home ?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Premium wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:35 pm We will see if your undoubted support for him manifests itself in the long term
It only took him one season at Salford for him to become so loyal to them he looked like he was going to stay there no matter how many other players they offloaded and how much his salary would go down. If we're good to him I would imagine he would start to feel the same about us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I dont think there is a question mark over Jackson's ability to perform on match day but there are clearly very questionable and grey areas when it comes to statements/interviews made by Jackson!
For me I'm not too sure if behind the scenes he is looking to solicit interest from either NRL or Rugby Union clubs or he is simply not very media savvy!
In addition, rather than being crystal clear without placing any doubt, Jackson always needs to clarify his statements/interviews after he has made them and it always happens a little time later (allowing time for headlines to surface). As I recall this happened earlier in season and for my money it is disrespectful and lessons should have been learned after the first incident!

Fans try to put a comparison between Williams (Canberra move) and Hastings and its ridiculous. Williams after long service wanted to try his hand in the NRL and why not (given his age, experience and ambition). Jackson has been here 5 minutes and within the time there are questions after questions regarding his future.

However you turn this or perceive Jackson's words, the reality is, he himself is causing the controversy! All he needed to do was make one bold statement saying he either intends or doesn't intent to honour his contract either at the start of the season or as soon as anything changes and he feels its appropriate to clarify this!

For me it not a question of loyalty or commitment, its a question of respect to Wigan!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

He has a clause allowing him to leave..... If he leaves because of a clause that is in his contract there is no question about him "honouring his contract". Wigan knew what they were getting when he signed, they agreed to said clause. "Its a question of respect to Wigan" yet you seem to be backing Williams who clearly had a lack of respect for Wigan when it came to Marque demands...... regardless of how long he had played for us, to make those demands he must of had an agreement with a NRL club in place long before he finally left. There are only questions surrounding Jackson's future because of the clause and how well he is performing, so no, its not ridiculous to compare Williams and Hastings at all.

Its all about opinions at the end of the day, for me I've no problem with Jackson talking about going home one day, its not like he's came out and said "I want to leave after a year, and if that doesn't happen I will run my contract down" if he was saying that I would agree with you, but he's not, so I dont.