Bevan French back in Australia, Jackson Hastings staying here... for now

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Bevan French back in Australia, Jackson Hastings staying here... for now

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings and Bevan French have been given permission to ride out the coronavirus crisis in Australia.

French is already back home while Hastings has decided to stay in the UK for fear of passing Covid-19 to his family.

Lam, who is planning to stay in Wigan, said: “Everyone is worried about their families and wants to be close to their loved ones at this time.Bevan actually went back after the Salford game for a family emergency – the plan was to be back for the Catalans game – but with everything escalating in those few days, he’s staying there and I’m supportive of that.

“I spoke to Jackson and I told him if he wants to get back to his family then he has my full support, because I’m sure a lockdown will hit Australia soon with the way things are going.”

Hastings revealed on Twitter he was looking at flights –which have been severely disrupted – but has changed his mind.

It’s frustrating and confusing being on the other side of the world with no family,” he said.

“I’ve made the decision to stay in the UK for now in fear of possibly passing it on to my mum or my grandad if I was to get it.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ow-2513989
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Bevan French back in Australia, Jackson Hastings staying here... for now

Post by medlocke »

Is that the last we've seen of French?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

medlocke wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 am Is that the last we've seen of French?
Could be the last we've seen of any of our squad players for this season!

Although, frankly id be amazed if the majority if not all NRL clubs are keeping tabs on Bevan's performances.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's understandable that these lads want to be with their families if possible at times like this. I hope the club is doing everything it can to support the players that feel isolated. Most of them are only young lads and don't have older relatives at hand when they need help. It will be very difficult for them not being able to train, play and mix with the boys.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nothing like fearing the worst....... hes gone home to be with his family while the rugby is stopped...... whats not normal about that?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Can we send George Burgess to Aus to be with his family? Maybe he could decide to stay?
🤗
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 pm Can we send George Burgess to Aus to be with his family? Maybe he could decide to stay?
🤗
Yeah can take the other Burgess with him too :lol:
Old warrior Mike

Post by Old warrior Mike »

Do we know if other clubs have allowed their overseas players to return home if they want to ?