Brett Kenny

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Brett Kenny

Post by ian.birchall »

Great interview this evening on Freeport's RL Backchat.
For those oldies like me who saw him live still glorious memories.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Brett Kenny

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Up there with the greatest in my book.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

He had so much ability, no doubt about that.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

BBC showing Challenge Cup Great Finals this afternoon - surely 1985 final will be on.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

OVerhyped, didn't even come for a full season, just putting himself in the shop window, wanted to go straight back to Aus, didn't really love wigan, cared more about his other clubs, only wanted to win things for this own profile...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Very talented player but lazy only played when he has to
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:30 pm OVerhyped, didn't even come for a full season, just putting himself in the shop window, wanted to go straight back to Aus, didn't really love wigan, cared more about his other clubs, only wanted to win things for this own profile...
He didn’t come for a full season because it had to fit in with his Parramatta off season as usually happened then with our players going the other way.Why would he need to put himself in the shop window when he was already an international and Origin player with two Grand Final MOTM awards in 1982 and ‘83 plus a GoldenBoot winner in 1985.Parramatta was his only club(besides Wigan)and he played his full career there. As for being “lazy” I remember how when we were getting nowhere he would stand back and take a good look around and then usually do something special.I remember David Stephenson saying he would take a tackle himself before he would let someone else get buried. Pure class.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Sure was pure class as was his Parramatta colleague Peter Sterling who was , for me man of the match in the 85 CC
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jao 711 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:16 pm
Mike wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:30 pm OVerhyped, didn't even come for a full season, just putting himself in the shop window, wanted to go straight back to Aus, didn't really love wigan, cared more about his other clubs, only wanted to win things for this own profile...
He didn’t come for a full season because it had to fit in with his Parramatta off season as usually happened then with our players going the other way.Why would he need to put himself in the shop window when he was already an international and Origin player with two Grand Final MOTM awards in 1982 and ‘83 plus a GoldenBoot winner in 1985.Parramatta was his only club(besides Wigan)and he played his full career there. As for being “lazy” I remember how when we were getting nowhere he would stand back and take a good look around and then usually do something special.I remember David Stephenson saying he would take a tackle himself before he would let someone else get buried. Pure class.
im guessing Mikes post was a tongue in cheek reply due to the current Jackson Hastings comments
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Steve ella was a better stand off for wigan( which is no disrespect to kenny)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE