Brett Kenny

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Brett Kenny

Post by moto748 »

I've re-watched a few Dean Bell games in the last few days, and it reminded me of what I always thought of him; if you ran at him with the ball, you were a bloody good player if you got past him, not many did.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Kenny was the best 6 I have seen at Wigan. That team he played in was not as dominant as the one Ella played in.
Ella was very good also but that team under performed. For me Ella was a running standoff Kenny did it all. Ella won Lancs cup and JPT he played 20 games for us. Sure he was injured quite a while and seem to remember us going out to Cas in chalenge cup while he was injured sure we signed Lydon and he played 6 that game? My memory seemed to think Kenny played more games for Wigan than Ellla. Halifax won the league that year I think.
I would rate Ella more in the bracket I rated Phil Blake. Barrett who like Kenny played in not the best Wigan teams was the second best 6 I have seen. I would put Henry Paul in the category as he was a great ball runner but in a dominant team but over a longer period.
Blake Green was not for me in the same bracket as the above but fitted perfectly into a well drilled team. The team with Finch under achieved but was great to watch at times.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lydon did play at 6 on his debut but i dont think it was the cas game....... we were god awful that game....... i think gary belcher and bob linder played for cas that game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just thinking back....... belcher and lindner played a year or so later....... memory is leaving me lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

saw some of this interview with Brett Kenny at weekend. really enjoyed the interview and some of the insight he gave, as well as some of the classic clips of 80s rugby.

some classic quotes from Ray French for the 85 challenge cup final too :)