Brett Kenny

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Brett Kenny

Post by Fujiman »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm Steve ella was a better stand off for wigan( which is no disrespect to kenny)
Was he called Zip Zip man?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Fujiman wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm Steve ella was a better stand off for wigan( which is no disrespect to kenny)
He sure was pal........ what a top player week in week out...... kenny was more remembered for the CC but zip zip won everything bar that( i think)......even parra played him at 6( swapping with kenny at centre and vice versa)....... if my memory serves me he was the top points scorer on the 82 aussie tour i think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
SJ

Post by SJ »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 pm [quote=Fujiman post_id=475894 time=<a href="tel:1586435892">1586435892</a> user_id=3814]
[quote=Firestarter post_id=475893 time=<a href="tel:1586434674">1586434674</a> user_id=8126]
Steve ella was a better stand off for wigan( which is no disrespect to kenny)
[/quote]
He sure was pal........ what a top player week in week out...... kenny was more remembered for the CC but zip zip won everything bar that( i think)......even parra played him at 6( swapping with kenny at centre and vice versa)....... if my memory serves me he was the top points scorer on the 82 aussie tour i think
[/quote]
Another great acquisition by Wigan. Recruited by Wakefield (from Aus who recruited some greats from Aus like Henry Paul who also played for us. My abiding memory of Ella was of him being head butted by Shaun Edwards ( never seen SE foul anyone before) whilst playing for Trinity.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

But in Queensland he couldn't hold a candle to the Emperor ;)
SJ

Post by SJ »

I always thought Wallly Lewis was referred to by that title. Nevertheless Lewis was another great recruited by Trinity while we have mentioned Aussie greats a mention of Meninga wouldn't be out of place. Let's face it Australia have given us some gems to remember. Miles,Wayne Pearce et al l the list is endless 🏉👍
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

SJ wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:47 am I always thought Wallly Lewis was referred to by that title. Nevertheless Lewis was another great recruited by Trinity while we have mentioned Aussie greats a mention of Meninga wouldn't be out of place. Let's face it Australia have given us some gems to remember. Miles,Wayne Pearce et al l the list is endless 🏉👍

That's who I was referring to.

I once asked a Queenslander friend about who was the best out of Kenny vs Lewis. He looked at me with a combination of disgust and surprise.

"Kenny isn't fit to clean the boots of the Emperor"
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No one could throw a pass like king wally....... i also thought terry lamb was a very good aus stand off
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
SJ

Post by SJ »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 pm No one could throw a pass like king wally....... i also thought terry lamb was a very good aus stand off
Yes he was. I chose my above anodyne post because to make claims such as the Queenslanders remark re Kenny is purely subjective when both players were quality
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I agree Terry Lamb was also very good.

I have a soft spot for Kenny because of 1985, but I can see how Wally Lewis is thought of as superior.

If only him signing for Wigan didn't turn out to be a dream............ ;)
pedro

Post by pedro »

no way, look at the parra legends team, Kenny was far better than Lewis also