Good Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Good Friday

Post by the pieman »

hope everyone is well and safe and being looked after if you are in isolation.

i have been given a pass to watch a game on good friday. Without question it will be Wigan v Saints.

so the question is which game should i watch? or do i just start when i get up and go the full day binge watching and getting lashed :D :D
medlocke

Re: Good Friday

Post by medlocke »

WAtching the 2003 Game on sky, I had forgotten how great Craig Smith was
Flash

Post by Flash »

Terry O' Connor was no slouch either...
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:09 pm WAtching the 2003 Game on sky, I had forgotten how great Craig Smith was
Good shout regarding Craig Smith :)!
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

There's an excellent article on Sky Sports by Stevo re this 2003 game. It was Kevin Browns first outing and Stevo thought he deserved MOM but he didn't get it. Apparently it was a watch from Tissot, the sponsors, so Stevo went and bought Kev a watch, and an expensive one, anyway.
Maybe I'll not now be as cynical about Stevo any more.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Must admit Skysports commentary doesn't quite have the same spark as when we had rugby leagues version of Ant n Dec! :lol:

Think Jon Wells talks a lot of sense (might be because he analyses matches lol) and Baz n Terry throw in good banter!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I had forgotten how biased Wiggy Hemmings was

You'd have thought he'd creamed his knickers every time Saints scored
When we scored it was like somebody had slapped him across the face with a wet mackerel

:D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've watched a lot of archive games lately, as I'm sure many of us have, and never ceases to anaze how he's always been like that, for decades! The best moments are when opposing teams recover and re-take the lead, and then his hopes soar like an eagle, only to be cruelly dashed when Wigan go on to win. :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And not only; how long has he been doing this? And he doesn't even seem to understand the rules of the game half the time.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

Really enjoyed watching the 2003 game - was singing like I was there! - had forgotten how baby faced Kev Brown was and what about Lockers, that hair!!! Agree about Stevo and Eddie but you had to laugh at them - to be fair Barrie Mac is completely biased towards any Yorkshire club in his commentary and there isn't the belly laughing from the current commentary team that Stevo and Eddie had - Stevo used to come out with some pearlers

Hope it's not too long before we are all back where we should be enjoying the atmos and supporting our boys :) :)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐