Brain storm about shirts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Brain storm about shirts

Post by Firestarter »

Just sat in garden post work and decided to air out my rugby/footyshirts....... having quite a collection i just said to misses ide be pretty p%%%d if wigan warriors and bolton fc etc decided to wear new shirts next season..... i think its only right( regardless of this season/next )that all teams keep there current kits...... even at the expence at our god awful home jersey...... anyone think this is a fair assumption or just a straightforward decision?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Re: Brain storm about shirts

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Anyone got any thoughts on what the clubs policy will be on season tickets for 2021?

Depending on if or when the season restarts (and the amount of games played or to be played in 2020), will season ticket prices remain the same? Will their be an increase or decrease? Will this seasons ticket count towards any games for next season (if the season is classified as void)?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season I can't see how season tickets can be any cheaper next season. Clubs are going to need every penny they can raise to survive over the next year or so . It's going to be up to the supporters of every club to do just that , support the club financially by turning up ( if they are in a financial position to do so). Tough times ahead for all club and supporters . Season tickets bought outright are a way of putting money into the club fast but the number of people that can afford do that is dwindling fast. As I said tough times.

Regards EW. (stay safe peeps)
2002 and EW is hooked
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The prices have been stable for some time and we may well see an increase for 2021.
To bring much needed cash into the club perhaps they could offer two seasons tickets at the price of 2020. Some may be able to buy but if only a few hundred took up the offer it would bring that bit of extra cash into the club.

As for shirts.
The club may well keep the same home shirt but there may be scope for sales of the away shirt if it was a dedicated shirt.
I've thought for some time that perhaps our away shirt should be in the colours of one of the town's amateur clubs. I'm sure that if the 2021 away shirt was in the colours of St Pats, Judes, Rose Bridge etc it could bring in sales that it might not otherwise do. The amateur clubs will have taken a financial hit from this virus and a financial deal between the Wigan RL and them could be to the benefit of all.

Logistics would have to be sorted but with goodwill on all sides something could be sorted.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:24 pm The prices have been stable for some time and we may well see an increase for 2021.
To bring much needed cash into the club perhaps they could offer two seasons tickets at the price of 2020. Some may be able to buy but if only a few hundred took up the offer it would bring that bit of extra cash into the club.

As for shirts.
The club may well keep the same home shirt but there may be scope for sales of the away shirt if it was a dedicated shirt.
I've thought for some time that perhaps our away shirt should be in the colours of one of the town's amateur clubs. I'm sure that if the 2021 away shirt was in the colours of St Pats, Judes, Rose Bridge etc it could bring in sales that it might not otherwise do. The amateur clubs will have taken a financial hit from this virus and a financial deal between the Wigan RL and them could be to the benefit of all.

Logistics would have to be sorted but with goodwill on all sides something could be sorted.
really good idea about the away shirts ted....... we havent actually played in our black away shirt yet....... i think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Really like the away shirts idea!

Suggest it to the club!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i can't see a ST increase next year, when this is over they expect a recession, increasing prices will just lost ST holders.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.