Wigan Warriors' planned pay cut revealed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors' planned pay cut revealed

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan are asking their players and staff to take a 50 per cent pay cut - on earning above £37,500 - because of the coronavirus crisis.

Employees were sent letters late last week to outline how the remodelled pay structure would work.

League Express today reported the cuts that all Super League clubs are asking their staff to take.

Many are taking a sliding scale approach - with Wigan, Hull KR and Toronto making the biggest cuts.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ed-2543520
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Wigan Warriors' planned pay cut revealed

Post by the pieman »

not a surprise tbh Josie.
RL is not awash with money like the top end of football and RU. i am guessing that without matchday incomes, there is little coming into all the clubs at the minute, unless they have plan their outgoings from the season ticket / sky money, to pay the salary of the course of the year

the top players are never going to be millionaires like their counterparts mentioned above.

given the circumstance it looks like a pragmatic approach, so that the top earners are the ones who will give up some of their salaries and the lower paid, appear to be hit less.

hopefully some of these measures are not in place for too long and we get back up and running without too much fallout in terms of clubs going to the wall
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I wonder if Hastings and French will want to stay on half wages, could be more interested in a move back toOz despite their problems there.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:58 pm I wonder if Hastings and French will want to stay on half wages, could be more interested in a move back toOz despite their problems there.
Unless I'm mistaken, French has been back home in Australia for at least a couple of weeks.

With borders in lockdown, and planes grounded, not sure how he'll get back when it all restarts.