Wigan Tv

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan Tv

Post by moto748 »

Yes, it's a great resource for me. I've been watching a full game nearly every night lately.

Not sure whether the archive has been 'bulked up' as such; were the games always there? But now certain games have been highlighted.

I'll throw in one thought that occurred to me: on the theme of 'would players of the past fit into today's game', how good was Kevin Iro? Superb centre. People always talk about Connelly, Carmont, and Gleason, and KI doesn't seem to get that many mentions.
pedro

Post by pedro »

needed a bucket to catch ;)
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

moto748 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Not sure whether the archive has been 'bulked up' as such; were the games always there? But now certain games have been highlighted.

I supplied games at the start when I used to select a retro match every week from 100s of games I had, which was mainly from Sky/BBC/Granada broadcasts. Microns entire archive was offloaded to clubs in off season so it's bulked massively by boxes and boxes. The lockdown has been great for retro stuff. I've found a few games I didn't have previously. Still a few Sky games missing in 90s mind.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thanks for that. The Granada telecasts I guess were only screened in the North of England, so I wouldn't have seen any of those at the time. i remember Eddie Waring on the BBC as a kid, but, having never had Sky, there are big gaps in my Wigan-watching.

Which are quickly being filled, at this rate!
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

moto748 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:03 pm Thanks for that. The Granada telecasts I guess were only screened in the North of England, so I wouldn't have seen any of those at the time. i remember Eddie Waring on the BBC as a kid, but, having never had Sky, there are big gaps in my Wigan-watching.

Which are quickly being filled, at this rate!
Yes Granada was the North West ITV and had some league games on Saturdays apt 2.45 between 1989 & 1992 when Grandstand wasn't showing anything, which actually wasn't that often. Yorkshire ITV had a weekly highkights show. Local Coverage ended when Sky went two games a week in 1992-93.