Superleague fixture plans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Superleague fixture plans

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Re: Superleague fixture plans

Post by fozzieskem »

If it where just me and go for option 3 mainly to get the wonder of the xmas programme back again and given the shite we've all been through this year I think we all deserve a nice festive and competitive afternoon out at the rugby, but again thats just me.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:36 pm If it where just me and go for option 3 mainly to get the wonder of the xmas programme back again and given the shite we've all been through this year I think we all deserve a nice festive and competitive afternoon out at the rugby, but again thats just me.
Can't argue with that fozzie, all things considered.

The only downside would be the Aussie Tour being called off to accommodate Plan 3, but they might not come anyway, if there's 1) quarantine and 2) State of Origin on in November/December.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Option 3 also has issues with
-
TV Deal
Players contracts
Delaying start to 2021 season
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's difficult to decide on the best compromise but for me, the most important point is that next season (a world cup year) isn't affected adversely. Whatever we do this season isn't going to feel right now and if and when fans are allowed back I think that some will stay away until they're certain that it's safe. Delaying things in the hope of getting good crowds for a few games could backfire. I'd be happier knowing that whatever happens this year the players will get a good off season before getting back to normal for 2021.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
I won’t ask for a refund on my season ticket. The club will need all the help it can get.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm
pedro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
I won’t ask for a refund on my season ticket. The club will need all the help it can get.
+1
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wonder if the club could work with sky to allow the games on wigan TV live and tge club could give access for free to ST holders.

Im not going to ask for a refund at any point, i would imagine the club will do something for fans anyway but in situations like this those who can afford to should support the club.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

thats fine but I take it not everyone will feel that way