Message from IL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Message from IL

Post by fozzieskem »

At present I can see how any club, of any sport can offer a season ticket for next year as no-one knows if this won't happen again, though I doubt Johnson would lock the country down again no matter how bad it gets, track and trace etc is going to sort the virus out and give it a good kicking ive no doubt :shock: .

No one is a fortune teller and thats the issue here thats presenting itself to clubs who use season tickets and they canvas far as I can see go two ways, the "head in the sand approach" and pretend this has been a nightmare or the realistic and fatalist approach and not offer them and suffer hardship, sport isn't going to be the same after this, things will have to change.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:22 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 am I'm not sure I've ever said it before and I probably won't say it again but that is very impressive from the Chairman and he's gone up a mile in my estimation.
Very well said and very well done.
I agree. I've never had a lot of time for IL but that was a very honest piece. Yes he did milk the emotions a bit and there were a few "leading" points in there, but that is what he needed to do in all honesty.

Ultimately he is telling the truth and that is all that he could do.
How do you know? We need to see facts.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:45 am
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 am I'm not sure I've ever said it before and I probably won't say it again but that is very impressive from the Chairman and he's gone up a mile in my estimation.
I agree. I've never had a lot of time for IL but that was a very honest piece. Yes he did milk the emotions a bit and there were a few "leading" points in there, but that is what he needed to do in all honesty.

Do you not believe him? If not, then why?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well obviously I don't know everything.

What I was alluding to is that I am familiar with the sentiment of a lot of the points that he makes, directly and indirectly, as they are the same in my industry.

Almost overnight, business models have been changed, perhaps for good and the more flexibility (read cashflow) you can build into yours at the moment, the greater the chance you will have of survival.
shaunedwardsfanclub

The booze hound wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:52 am

Do you not believe him? If not, then why?
I have covered that earlier in this thread. There is nothing wrong with asking for more in-depth information, do you normally part with your hard earned money because somebody asks you to or would you ask, what do you want it for? When will I get it back? Are you giving me something in return? I don't recall IFL taking Dave Whelan's word when he was buying the club, he carried out due diligence and rightly so.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

What I was alluding to is that I am familiar with the sentiment of a lot of the points that he makes, directly and indirectly, as they are the same in my industry.

Almost overnight, business models have been changed, perhaps for good and the more flexibility (read cashflow) you can build into yours at the moment, the greater the chance you will have of survival.
I agree with that and as I have said previously I do not doubt IFL but I simply want to know more.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:47 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

I agree with that and as I have said previously I do not doubt IFL but I simply want to know more.
Well I agree he will have to give everyone more details before he asks for money. He is simply warming people up imo.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

I fully understand the perilous position of all clubs and businesses, but by furloughing most of the staff the club has minimal expenditure. To say they have had no income, where has the six or seven thousand season ticket monies already paid gone? The money received by television contract? If IL has put £500,000 into the club we must have been in a dangerous situation before these terrible times.

Would people who pay on the gate buy a ticket and expect not see a game when they get there? Some incentive for season ticket holders have got to be offered to make not asking for their money back a viable option in my opinion.
pedro

Post by pedro »

it will go on completing the campaign probably to ensure it can run without fans for the season in case it comes to that
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Its obviously great that we have such a dedicated and passionate owner who is willing to invest his own money into the club to sure up the finances.

The clubs finances were an issue before Covid and what I would like to know is what is IL doing and planning on doing to improve our finances? As him investing his own money isn't the solution and since he has been our owner for so long the buck stops with him.

Is it even possible for us to make a profit given we do not own our own stadium and lose a chunk of potential revenue from match-days?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."