Message from IL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Message from IL

Post by Fujiman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 pm Its obviously great that we have such a dedicated and passionate owner who is willing to invest his own money into the club to sure up the finances.

The clubs finances were an issue before Covid and what I would like to know is what is IL doing and planning on doing to improve our finances? As him investing his own money isn't the solution and since he has been our owner for so long the buck stops with him.

Is it even possible for us to make a profit given we do not own our own stadium and lose a chunk of potential revenue from match-days?
He’d already started to address the match day revenue loss you referred to with the new fans bar and area.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:08 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 pm Its obviously great that we have such a dedicated and passionate owner who is willing to invest his own money into the club to sure up the finances.

The clubs finances were an issue before Covid and what I would like to know is what is IL doing and planning on doing to improve our finances? As him investing his own money isn't the solution and since he has been our owner for so long the buck stops with him.

Is it even possible for us to make a profit given we do not own our own stadium and lose a chunk of potential revenue from match-days?
He’d already started to address the match day revenue loss you referred to with the new fans bar and area.
Looked great. Not had the chance to go yet.

What profit is that really going to bring in though each home game? Will it make a dent?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 pm
Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:08 pm

What profit is that really going to bring in though each home game? Will it make a dent?
Dont forget robin park is rented so it'll have to sell more beer to offset the last few months when it can reopen of course.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 pm
Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:08 pm He’d already started to address the match day revenue loss you referred to with the new fans bar and area.

Dont forget robin park is rented so it'll have to sell more beer to offset the last few months when it can reopen of course.
Looks like my missus will be driving to the games then 😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 pm

Looks like my missus will be driving to the games then 😭😭
I'll do my bit too. :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If cinemas can open, then I guess there's a very strong argument for sports venues to open too. Outdoors, reduced capacity with masks would be a lot safer than an indoors setup I'd reckon. So maybe we're going to get back to some crowds by July.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:51 am If cinemas can open, then I guess there's a very strong argument for sports venues to open too. Outdoors, reduced capacity with masks would be a lot safer than an indoors setup I'd reckon. So maybe we're going to get back to some crowds by July.
Nothing in the announcement to date suggests that is going to happen does it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:26 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:51 am If cinemas can open, then I guess there's a very strong argument for sports venues to open too. Outdoors, reduced capacity with masks would be a lot safer than an indoors setup I'd reckon. So maybe we're going to get back to some crowds by July.
Nope, but they caved on 2m rule immediately after cinemas and pubs started complaining, so if sports do the same and pitch it like its safer than what is already announced then they've got a great chance of succeeding.

I'd feel safer outdoors in a 30% full staduim with everyone in masks than i would indoors in a 50% full cinema.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:26 pm
Nope, but they caved on 2m rule immediately after cinemas and pubs started complaining, so if sports do the same and pitch it like its safer than what is already announced then they've got a great chance of succeeding.

I'd feel safer outdoors in a 30% full staduim with everyone in masks than i would indoors in a 50% full cinema.
Been talking about this with the wife and it’s time now that the lockdown is all but over to start treating us like adults again and let us decide if we want to take a risk,such as it is.

My money is an announcement from Johnson just after the football season is over that reduced capacity at grounds will be allowed,assuming laughing boy is off the beach by then of course