Wigan Athletic football club goes into administration

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Athletic football club goes into administration

Post by fozzieskem »

You must be looking at least 20 million to take the club over surely with its debts,no point t just having just enough to buy it only for the same thing to happen again ina few months time trouble is I don’t see tgat there’s anyone out there wanting to take on a club that is losing mo eh and has very little hope of returning to the big time
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

On what basis does Nandy say that Latics have been at the heart of the town for 90 years. I make it only arguable for 20 years? Do I take it that the town isn’t turning blue after all?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I think the Chinese group just could not stand the statue anymore & Whelan is so full of himself he would buy the club just to keep his statue there for all to admire :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I think the latics have been used in a ponzi scheme by IEC - some fraud has gone on and if nothing raises doubts over future "foreign ownership" without any due diligence and guarantees for clubs especially from the far east "investors"

Also proves that football really is built on a house of cards

Does make you wonder who would be willing to purchase a club losing money, struggling for fans and inconsistent with it. Before Coronavirus I would have said very few. Now...............................
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Now there's Rick Parry quoted suggesting "a bet in the Philippines" may have something to do with it all.
Sounds like something not quite right somewhere.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:59 am Having had the Breakfast TV sports presenter this morning stood in front of the Statue at the entrance to the ground I see a definite need to topple one more.
Had to laugh when the hoody guy broke social distancing by wandering into shot :D :D :D

Only in Wigan!
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Very sorry to be rude but why is this topic on the Warriors board ?? Shouldn’t it be on off topic ??? I personally couldn’t give a monkeys about the Latics ,,,and neither can the majority of there fans couldn’t give a monkeys about us😃
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Yes normally I’d agree with you but the implications from this issue are in respect to the stadium we share with Latics and what happens to the ground in the future affects us as well...
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Yea but the The Latics don’t own the Stadium or the ground it’s on do they ?
Nothing at all to do with Wigan Warriors this story
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

up the junction wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:19 pm Yea but the The Latics don’t own the Stadium or the ground it’s on do they ?
Nothing at all to do with Wigan Warriors this story
I'm not 100% confident that it won't have an effect on the Warriors though.

If the landlords (who ever they are) are losing the rent from the Latics they surely would look to the Warriors to fill the gap or even redevelop the land, leaving us homeless?

I might be paranoid but I am a Warriors fan :), hopefully we have some sort of agreement in place to stop anything drastic like this happening.