Bateman back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Bateman back

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

This is unlike anyone else who has come back - he owned the NRL, and is coming back to us at his peak.
It isn’t just what he does, but it is also how he lifts everyone he plays with, plus he is just great to watch. Fantastic work by the club.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

There is a rule about “returning players”, 50% on cap first year,75% second year,or does that only apply to Union?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jao 711 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:35 pm There is a rule about “returning players”, 50% on cap first year,75% second year,or does that only apply to Union?
I like your thinking but unfortunately - no
New Talent Pool Dispensation – Any Player who has not previously played Rugby League is given a value of £0 in the first year of his contract and at 50% of his true value in the second year;
https://www.rugby-league.com/salary_cap_regulations
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I even remember "talk" of increasing the number of marquee players any team could have to three. With Wire signing Greg Inglis I did wonder if this was going to be so for next season. Makes you wonder.............

Still with Escare gone and Joe Greenwood/ Joe Burgess/Jake Shorrocks/Thomas Leuluai/Ben Flower/Shaun O'Loughlin/Oliver Gildart/Romain Navarette going (or possibly going) then we should have space regardless of marquee

A back row that includes Smithies AND Bateman will be one to relish
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

His shoulder concerns me.
Personally I would have preferred Ryan Sutton back to the Club to replace Flower and more hopefully our London star.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:24 am His shoulder concerns me.
Personally I would have preferred Ryan Sutton back to the Club to replace Flower and more hopefully our London star.
Very worrying. I remember the interview he did on sky and he was days away from
returning to training and weeks to his first game and it got injured again.

How can Wigan be so sure days after the recurrence when he got so close to returning ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

There will be a clause about the shoulder in the contract
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 pm There will be a clause about the shoulder in the contract
How so?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Doesn’t bother me, removed the spur from the other side at Wigan and went fine after, after the next is healed he should be fine, it’s not an injury it’s a birth defect
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Doesn’t bother me, removed the spur from the other side at Wigan and went fine after, after the next is healed he should be fine, it’s not an injury it’s a birth defect
What is the repeat injury and operation then in this instance ?