Back in full training yet?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Back in full training yet?

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wigan and Castleford the last two teams to sort wages out with their players
Sources have told League Express that the club has made significant progress with its players at the end of last week and a deal should be struck in the coming days.

Once done, it will come as a huge relief to the whole of Super League, with a crisis very much on the cards just a few weeks ago.
https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-close-to- ... player-pay

I wonder how much a distraction IL's interest in being involved in the consortium to buy the Latics has created this mess?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Re: Back in full training yet?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The Guardian are saying tonight that all SL clubs have agreed wage changes with their staff and including players. They say Wigan and Castleford are the last two so that is all 11 SL clubs now ready to go ahead with the remainder of the season.
Also mentioned is that Toronto have said they wish to field a team in 2021 whichever league the are in. Interesting to see how that one pans out.