Watching the Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Watching the Warriors

Post by Richymac »

Sorry if I’ve missed something but do we know how we are going to be able to watch the matches for this season?

Will they all be on Sky? Or will it be Wigan TV?

Seems a bit silly putting the season back on without fans being able to watch it live.
Fujiman

Re: Watching the Warriors

Post by Fujiman »

Think all the fixtures are on sky.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:56 pm Think all the fixtures are on sky.
Oh right thanks! I did look on the Sky website but couldn’t find anything.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Every match, every week? I'm surprised they are going to fund that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Mike wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm Every match, every week? I'm surprised they are going to fund that.
I don't think they'll have much else live sport to show Mike, the current football season will have finished, they don't do club ru, and cricket will be ending (or rained off !).

They are showing every NRL game live, so all together it could be a great PR exercise for RL in this country to have a sort of monopoly of live sport, several days a week.

This pre supposes all the clubs in SL can get their pay squabbles over the line ? And sort out the Catalans situation, and the P & R question.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I know we are against this when we want to go watching, but it would be great if they could spread the matches from Thursday to Monday evenings with a couple of afternoon games on Saturday/Sunday.

Then again, don't think the wife will be to happy. :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:23 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm Every match, every week? I'm surprised they are going to fund that.
I don't think they'll have much else live sport to show Mike, the current football season will have finished, they don't do club ru, and cricket will be ending (or rained off !).

They are showing every NRL game live, so all together it could be a great PR exercise for RL in this country to have a sort of monopoly of live sport, several days a week.

This pre supposes all the clubs in SL can get their pay squabbles over the line ? And sort out the Catalans situation, and the P & R question.
Rugby League games on sky have been Thurs and Friday PM and formally Friday and Saturday.

Neither of these really clashed with football or many other sports. Why wasn’t it ever a good PR exercise for the sport then?

Whilst it may make sense in your head, the reality is nobody really cares about RL in this country. That was proven even more so when sky cut the post match analysis on Friday night for WWE wrestling.

How much would the profile raise if it was free on BBC? I doubt even by much. If a random / new sport popped up on BBC, I wouldn’t just start watching it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Rugby League games on sky have been Thurs and Friday PM and formally Friday and Saturday.

Neither of these really clashed with football or many other sports. Why wasn’t it ever a good PR exercise for the sport then?

Whilst it may make sense in your head, the reality is nobody really cares about RL in this country. That was proven even more so when sky cut the post match analysis on Friday night for WWE wrestling.

How much would the profile raise if it was free on BBC? I doubt even by much. If a random / new sport popped up on BBC, I wouldn’t just start watching it.
Friday and Sunday pre SL
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm

[/quote

That summary isn't quite true, as SL on Sky is the most watched club sport on their channels after football, with only Int RU and Test Match Cricket getting higher audience numbers. We can put our sport down as much as RL fans seem determined to do, but having regular matches on tv, especially at a time like this when there's limited sports action to oppose it, makes for good publicity and that's never a bad negative, no matter how you look at it. Just look at the number of highlights games from the past they are continuously showing, coupled with new magazine programmes "The Golden Point" and an hour long "Try Time". And the fact they are showing every NRL match live, shows they feel people do care, and no way would they say it's "a random sport", especially with the contract monies they back the game with. Lets build the game up if we have a chance, not kick into the backyard, at a time when the game needs an urgent restart, with less bickering going on.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I know for a fact I was first made aware of RL through the Super League Show being played on a Sunday afternoon after I came home from rugby (union) training. I was immediately hooked. A game every Sunday on BBC would help raise the profile and increase fans and players in the sport. I am sure of that.